corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Running/Jogging............

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Running/Jogging............
J4M13

User status: Offline
8th Nov 08 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just out of interest really, how many of you go running/jogging? and what time of day do you go, and for how long etc

Reason im asking is iv just been on my first Run this morning and i was absolutely frigged after about 5-10mins
To me that isnt very good at all even for my first run, i did have a couple of 5min rests then carried on running for about 10mins.

I run on a treadmill every other week inbetween my weight training and last about 25mins but running outdoors seems to be a different game lol.

The reason im wanting to run is to get my fitness up as i have applied to be an RAF Gunner and there is alot of Running involved which im worrying about at the moment

Im guessing everyone gets nackered easily untill they properly get into running??
AndyKent

8th Nov 08 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't do any running, but presumably it was way colder outside than what you've been running in on the treadmill - that'll make a big difference.
J4M13

8th Nov 08 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it was, i never took that into account.
MatthewR

10th Nov 08 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you are on a treadmill ur always going flat plus the surface is much softer, also u dont have to concentrate on things like cars/people/roads/surface/weather/hills
nathy_87

10th Nov 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run 2 miles in the morning (before work) and 2 miles in the evening (after work), thats every day aswell.
Hammer

10th Nov 08 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You use different muscles when your outside as you have to alter to the terrain which is also better for you, that's what I was told anyway.
John

10th Nov 08 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, it's totally different, you never move forward on a treadmill.

It's recommended to always have an incline to better simulate proper runnning because then you relatively have to move forward because of the incline.
MatthewR

10th Nov 08 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In relation to what i was saying earlier, i try and mix up my treadmill running and my outside running - always better to keep changing what you do so your body doesnt become acustom to what your doing
smack

10th Nov 08 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i run 5 times a week.(4miles a time) The thing to do is pase yourself, like really get in a rythem and dont break it.
after a week or two of running your body will get used to the change and you will cope no probs
J4M13

10th Nov 08 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for advice etc lads, will just have to keep up the running practice.

The first running test if i get to that stage is being able to complete 1.5miles in 12mins or under.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Nov 08 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started doing some running in the summer, my first run lasted about 10mins and I ended coughing up blood and all sorts. With just one run a week getting progressively longer I was running 2 miles (about 20mins, so not fast, just consistent) within 6 weeks.

I stopped though when I moved house and never got back into it, I really should do - the rate in which you improve is awesome and drives you to keep doing it every week.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Carl

10th Nov 08 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said stick at it you will see the results quite quick. Good on you for doing it, I can't get myself to do it when it gets cold unless its chasing after a ball playing 5 a side or Sundays.
Marc

10th Nov 08 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do 4k in the gym, thats about it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Running/Jogging............ 24 database queries in 0.2052300 seconds