corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa redtop help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa redtop help!
waynemar

User status: Offline
10th Nov 08 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fault only happens now and again, when sitting idling the revs will rise just above 1000rpm, i then try to rev it and the exhaust pops then the revs rise after that, its a weird fault but any help would be great.
Jimmycorsa

10th Nov 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a problem very similar to this, when on idle my rev counter will bounce around all over the place but reads fine when you rev the engine. Also sometimes when approaching a roundabout or traffic lights when i dump the clutch, the rev counter will shoot across to the limiter ( the engine doesnt actually rev up) and cut the car out with the engine managment light on. All i have to do is restart the car to get it going, i have taken my car to a garage and they told me the fault code was for the throttle switch so i changed this with no luck. I personally think it might be somthing to do with the wiring but dont have a clue where to start, any idea's?
Rybo

10th Nov 08 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idle control valve?
waynemar

10th Nov 08 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried cleaning my idle control valve last weekend because i thought that was the problem aswell, but there was no difference, might have to renew it instead.
Iain M

10th Nov 08 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try the AFM meter.
johnhara1

10th Nov 08 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air leak?

New Poll