corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20LET 300bhp???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET 300bhp???
CaPtAiN CoRsA SpOrT

User status: Offline
18th Nov 08 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there. I was just wondering if it is possible to get around 300bhp with out having to uprate internals and funk about with any MAJOR (minor is ok ie chips, remaps) software fettling?? How reliable would the engine be? What parts and where from, would you recommend? Just to let you all know I am gattering parts at the moment for a re-build on my C20LET and would like to get an idea of just how much work/money it will take to achieve a reliable non-uprated internal or major software fettling'ed C20LET. If its not easily achieved then I will just stick to a near standard C20LET. Thanks for any help given.
thegsi

19th Nov 08 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With standard internals and turbo you will get around 240bhp easily with a decent remap, chip and boost tweak. Then the next step is to get that hotter boost air cool so a larger intercooler would take it up a bit more. With standard internals, turbo and fueling upgrades, you should reach 270bhp comfortably. Anything after that and you'll need to start thinking about a Hybrid turbo to cope with bigger boost ratings. Then you're looking at 300bhp.

I was told that 300bhp+ is when they start playing up and become less reliable and that with a decent block, turbo and map the LET will comfortably make 260bhp and run great without many problems. Hope that helped mate.

[Edited on 19-11-2008 by thegsi]
philip2

19th Nov 08 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most reliable thing you can do is phase2 chips and gas it. or run phase 3 if wanted.
CaPtAiN CoRsA SpOrT

19th Nov 08 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the help guys. Very helpful. I had plans for an XE cam, although I have heard about an XE inlet and exhaust cam in an LET before but not too sure on that one, adjustable pulleys, 3.5/4bar FPR, Enlarged 3" top hat, 3" stainless steel intercooler pipe work, EVO 7 Front Mount Intercooler, Iridium NGK spark plugs and a stainless steel turbo back 3"exhaust with no silencers or catalyst with mandrel bends. Although I would be keeping the standard turbo. Any body have any ideas about what power I would be looking at? Also does anyone know the difference between the KKK16 and S144 turbo's? And what one would best suit my spec?
DAZ1985

20th Nov 08 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An s144 is the same housing as a kkk16 but with hybrid internals.

New Poll