corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Robbie Keane

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Robbie Keane
strick206

User status: Offline
1st Dec 08 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before i start, i'm not fishing here

Is he not good enough for Liverpool? I have doubts as to if he will suit Torres when he gets back and he did nothing again tonight, i cannot see where he fits in

Is it a case of a big fish in a small pond at Spurs, where he was one of their best players, and now he looks like a squad player

Personally i think Berbatov must have made him look better than he is, because without him he hasnt done anything

I am a big fan of Robbie Keane, but i think he may have made a bad move, ok he wouldn't have been with Berbatov anyway, but he would then have been Spurs' best player outright and would still look quality
Cosmo

1st Dec 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No doubting his quality - but he just hasnt shown it for us yet. Not even once.

He is certainly good enough if he gets that form back, and surely the pressure of playing for a top 4 side isnt causing the slump - but I just dont know if we can afford to wait for it to happen.
strick206

1st Dec 08 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much else you can do really is there?

Babel is out of favour, ngog doesnt look good enough, torres injured, kuyt not a premiership quality striker

Gerrard has also resorted to the lampard style of twat it in the general direction of the goal at every opportunity and hope one goes in, look i trouble tbh, need torres back and for him to start firing asap
Cosmo

1st Dec 08 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gerrard is shooting at every opportunity as the players infront of him arent good enough. Benayoun just shouldnt be on the pitch (or bench), Keane is only a right forward against good teams (and not at home against teams we should easily beat) and Keane just isnt on form.

If I was the manager Babel would be getting the start upfront every game (even with Torres) - and I really dont blame him if he goes to Madrid this summer if their interest is true.

And yes we look in trouble - top of the league playing shite (other than vs Chavski and second half against the scum), with Torres missing most the season and Gerrard mssing for a good part.
strick206

1st Dec 08 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
And yes we look in trouble - top of the league playing shite (other than vs Chavski and second half against the scum), with Torres missing most the season and Gerrard mssing for a good part.

Off you go again even you can't seriously expect you to stay there for much longer given how you are playing, borrowed time surely

If you let babel go to madrid benitez is a fool
MatthewR

1st Dec 08 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never been convinced about Keane cutting it at the top - this is dating back to when he was at Leeds - he used to frustrate the sh1t of us - hes totally honest i like him for him that but i just think hes a little bit out of his depths
Cosmo

1st Dec 08 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Off you go again even you can't seriously expect you to stay there for much longer given how you are playing, borrowed time surely

If you let babel go to madrid benitez is a fool

Im going to enjoy it while we are, so shhh

We've been playing like that all season, our standard of football has been shocking to say the least. Yet here we sit at the top of the league with xmas just around the corner. We arent even playing as well as we did last year at any part of the season, and thats saying something.

And agreed, I think he is a fool already for not playing him more now.
strick206

1st Dec 08 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've said it before, you won't win the league as long as Benitez is the manager, he is a good champions league manager where it is european style football, but just not good enough to win the league

Where you go from him though i have no idea when he goes

(I bet the Yankees where happy the team got boo'd off tonight)
Cosmo

1st Dec 08 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see why he cant win the league with us - but its not exactly an easy thing to do given the buying power of the teams around us.
John G

1st Dec 08 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've said it before, you won't win the league as long as Benitez is the manager, he is a good champions league manager where it is european style football, but just not good enough to win the league

Where you go from him though i have no idea when he goes

(I bet the Yankees where happy the team got boo'd off tonight)

Pot kettle black

strick206

1st Dec 08 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont see why he cant win the league with us - but its not exactly an easy thing to do given the buying power of the teams around us.

Setanta commentaors tonight mentioned he has spent £70 million on strikers in his time at Liverpool, spending 70 million on strikers is alot considering he only has torres to show for it
strick206

1st Dec 08 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
Pot kettle black

Yes but when he goes, we will have had countless numbers of years being the best team, playing the best football (consistantly not all flare no result)

Rafa imo is only still in the job because of his champs league exploits, the win and the final, everything else he has been average at
Cosmo

2nd Dec 08 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Setanta commentaors tonight mentioned he has spent £70 million on strikers in his time at Liverpool, spending 70 million on strikers is alot considering he only has torres to show for it

Its all good saying the figure he has spent on players, but they never mention the figure we have selling players. Our net spend in recent years hasnt been that much. And before you mention it, its hardly like that £70m was available in one go and could of been spent on 2 or 3 top class players and Rafa has just wasted it away on shite.
strick206

2nd Dec 08 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Its all good saying the figure he has spent on players, but they never mention the figure we have selling players. Our net spend in recent years hasnt been that much. And before you mention it, its hardly like that �70m was available in one go and could of been spent on 2 or 3 top class players and Rafa has just wasted it away on shite.

No i wouldn't say it was available all in one go, but he has wasted it on shite, the net spend figure is favourable only because he has somehow got very good money for the shite he bought in the first place
Cosmo

2nd Dec 08 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No i wouldn't say it was available all in one go, but he has wasted it on shite, the net spend figure is favourable only because he has somehow got very good money for the shite he bought in the first place

He has got good money as bought shite players with the small amount he had, theyve performed better under Rafa, and then sold on for more. Then has bought slightly less shite players, they've performed better under Rafa....etc.!
strick206

2nd Dec 08 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But every one of these shite players has been talked up like one of the best players the prem will ever see, examples being gonzalez, riera

(I know Riera has not been there long, but i just can't understand how that Ballague guy from sky sports said he was the best left winger in europe when he couldnt even pass a trial at man city before they had any money

Off to bed, will catch up with this tomorrow night
Cosmo

2nd Dec 08 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You not think thats part of Rafa's game and the reason behind a lot of them playing above their true level (Crouch being a good example) and therefore us eventually trading on up for better players?!
Mike2k111

2nd Dec 08 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh to be honest after coming back from the match tonight its pretty obvious how much we miss having a top quality striker on the pitch. Kuyt and Keane work hard but there is no quality there. Our performances against Man utd and Chelsea this season have come without Torres/Gerrard/Both because of hard work but against the lower teams, who lack quality, but get where they are because of their work rate, we really struggle to break them down due to the lack of quality play in the last third.

Few home results for us last season with a fully fit quality Torres.

08-03-2008 Liverpool Newcastle 3-0
05-03-2008 Liverpool West Ham United 4-0
02-12-2007 Liverpool Bolton 4-0
01-09-2007 Liverpool Derby County 6-0
22-12-2007 Liverpool Portsmouth 4-1
02-02-2008 Liverpool Sunderland 3-0

Shows how we could just rip the lower teams apart with quality in the last third of the pitch.

Compared to this season with Torres largely missing its obvious how much we miss having at least 1 quality striker up front. Our defense has been pretty solid as usual but Keane and company just arn't up to it this season. You could see today the team getting desperate with Gerrard shooting from anywhere because the players infront of him just arnt pulling their weight.

I think the wrong line up played tonight. Best striker on the pitch tonight is Gerrard, he should have played up along side Keane with another world class player Mascherano, who was left on the bench, slotting in along side Alonso. Instead of accomodating Keane and Kuyt upfront and having to fetch in Benayoun on the right.

[Edited on 02-12-2008 by Mike2k111]
Cosmo

2nd Dec 08 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2k111
I think the wrong line up played tonight. Best striker on the pitch tonight is Gerrard, he should have played up along side Keane with another world class player Mascherano, who was left on the bench, slotting in along side Alonso. Instead of accomodating Keane and Kuyt upfront and having to fetch in Benayoun on the right.

Whilst I agree 100%, I can see why Rafa left Masch on the bench - as the stick he gets when he plays him at home against teams like that for being too defensive is massive.
Tom

2nd Dec 08 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all about lack on confidence last night, does anyone think gerrard might still not be 100% as he didn't really try and beat anyone all night (bar his side netting shot)

I don't think we should have sacrificed gerrard in CM last night, we should have started babel who could have been more effective with his pace had he been on from the start. All this criticism Keanes getting is a tad unfair imo, he's hardly played where he's most effective due to torres being out for long periods. I don't think you can say yet that he can't carve out a good partnership with torres because they haven't had enough time together and I can see them working. Keane isn't fast enough to be playing true CF. Ngog looked a little better last night for me than he has when i've seen him before. Benayoun shouldn't be on the pitch like cosmo said he's not up to it.

All in all strangely worrying times considering we haven't been top at this point in the league for god knows how long! As I said though it's mainly confidence, a few goals (especially at home) could help a few players back into form although we haven't got much time to fuck about as we need to win every at blacburn and at home to hull to keep the pressure on chelski and the scum.
Nath

2nd Dec 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good title race thus far.

As for Robbie Keane, I do think it's a little bit of the 'big fish little pond' syndrome. He was king at Tottenham. Now he's almost second fiddle to better players.
Hammer

2nd Dec 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keane will come good, if he gets a regular game he'll still score 15 goals+ before the end of the season imo.
Robbo

2nd Dec 08 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keane was never good enough for a top 4 club IMO and hes proving me right so far... no doubt he'll have a very successful period at one point like Heskey did for Liverpool but otherwise I think you'll just ned to rely on his work ehtic
Ojc

2nd Dec 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have signed Darren Bent, he is always going to score goals no matter what club he plays for
MarkM

2nd Dec 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Babel is allowed to leave I will not be happy...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Robbie Keane 23 database queries in 0.0167120 seconds