corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rover problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rover problem
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Dec 08 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys, i need some help.

rove 214 on P plate, when turn the key to start it, there are clicks coming from somewhere under the dash, but no other action.

it got new starter motor solenoid. i have tested starter motor on the bench and it is working. the battery is chaged and the car wouldnt start when bump starting it. any help?
JamesMG

27th Dec 08 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clicks are normally the starter trying to engage when the battery isnt full enough to turn the engine...

You tried it with a booster or with some leads off another car?

What happens when you try to bump start it? does it turn then?
daymoon
Premium Member

27th Dec 08 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

starter motor isnt engaging.. i have tested that litte +ive wire that goes from ignition to the starter motors solenoid. and there was no current. so i need to find out why.

when we tried to bump it, it sounded like a bike engine when u kick start it :S
barneykarl

27th Dec 08 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A dodgy relay starter or maybe fuel check the relays ,also has it a standard rover alarm/imobilizer. if the ecu is the one under the passenger carpet in that area then it may have lost its earth.
daymoon
Premium Member

27th Dec 08 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can hear fuel pump priming. one rellay is under the dash and another is uder the bonnet that click.

could it be that ecu fried?
barneykarl

28th Dec 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the ecu you should have a tiny window that flashes up any fault codes when you turn on the ign, I use to own a few rovers years ago but no longer have the manuals or fault codes, there is a black box near the passenger footwell behind the ashtray that is worth checking , but if you can determine the earth cable from the ecu splice into this and give it a new earth, rovers when they go wrong are bitches to sort the problem, I think you will need help on this one, it might be a duff ecu or could be something simple but helping online is limited.
daymoon
Premium Member

29th Dec 08 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right.. well its not my car and owner says that if i cant fox it he will scrap it.. well will check what u mentioned and see how it goes..

New Poll