corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Remap for a X14XE engine - recommendations please!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remap for a X14XE engine - recommendations please!
corsacdx

User status: Offline
9th Jan 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I have just put a 4 branch and decat pipe on the wifes 1.4 16v corsa with the X14XE engine in it.

Seems to be running a bit rich and fouling the plugs after a while so I think the ECU needs a remap to get things working as they should.

I am based in East Yorkshire.

Anyone got any recommendations for places that can do a live remap on a rolling road around Northern England / Yorkshire ????

Nearest place to me is Bogg Brothers in West Lutton, but don't have the technology to do live mapping (if you've been there you'll know what I mean )

Recomendations appreciated

Joff

[Edited on 09-01-2009 by corsacdx]
Corsa_Quadz

9th Jan 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so, it'll do a basic reset on it, see if that helps before doing anything else Done it on mine when the mixture was a bit rich, done this and it has sorted it
corsacdx

9th Jan 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Done that already I'm afraid as the battery was taken off when I fitted the exhaust as I removed all the EGR rubbish and air pump.

Any recommendations??

Cheers

Joff
Minty_Fresh

9th Jan 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao why would you need to have you car lived mapped, 1.4 corsa with a 4-2-1 manifold..

just abit rich thats all, take it to any half decent garage and they will tinker with it, or pay that bit etc and get a decent tuner to set it up..

no need at all for a live map etc
Corsa_Quadz

9th Jan 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_boy
lmao why would you need to have you car lived mapped, 1.4 corsa with a 4-2-1 manifold..

just abit rich thats all, take it to any half decent garage and they will tinker with it, or pay that bit etc and get a decent tuner to set it up..

no need at all for a live map etc

agreed, does seem a bit extreme for such a basic mod! well each to there own good luck
Richardhhha

9th Jan 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how you sposed to set something up thats controlled mainly by electronics? Always thought this thing with getting a tuner to look at it is always suspect.. But like to learn so can you explane some more please?

New Poll