corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Part-time job day!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Part-time job day!
Adge

User status: Offline
15th Jan 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its hard enough to get a 1 job at the minute with Credit crunch blah blah

BUT
ive been thinking of just getting some Saturday/sunday work. Mainly just to Cure boredom at weekend etc..
so has to be something orite,

i was thinking
Mens clothes shop? normally quite busy weekends
Bar Work? maybe just fridays? altho looks hard work

Any1 had Experience at working a saturday job?

also Do i pay more in tax etc coz its a second job?? how does it work?
dannymccann

15th Jan 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus does 830 - 430 Mon-Fri then does 6 - 1030 Thursday Friday and Saturday at Tesco. She struggled at first but actually prefers her second job to her first now, used to be tired and what not. Now though, she gets bored when shes not at work at night

edit - she works 13 hours extra a week and gets £300 net a month extra if that helps

[Edited on 15-01-2009 by dannymccann]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Jan 09 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adge
Do i pay more in tax etc coz its a second job?? how does it work?

Yup, I used to work in a bar at the weekends and you get taxed higher, makes it less worth while, my weekends off were worth more than I was getting paid so packed it in!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Matt L

15th Jan 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youll pay more tax on your second job (tax code for first job will stay the same but your second job will be BR - basic rate)

i was always tempted to get a second job just to get extra income but realised that the tax you end up paying sometimes doesnt make it worth it

for example if you earned £20 for a saturday youd only get £16.
corsa - gus

15th Jan 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had thought about doing Thursday Friday 7pm til 1am and Saturday 12pm til 7pm bar sao I could fund a second mortgage until my shares get to a decent selling price. But by the time I had been taxed it would hardly be worth it, and theres no point killing myself when I can sell up come the summer *fingers crossed* and plough the share money into a new property and have next to nothing mortgage. Hard working people are punished by the government imo, sad but true.
pow
Premium Member

15th Jan 09 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't pay MORE tax, you just pay tax at the top band tyour paying at the moment.

For example, couple of years ago.

I worked at a school, got paid and taxed in the 10% and 22%.

Worked a weekend job as well - got paid by them and taxed at 22%.

They just add your two saleries up and tax you accordingly. They won't get it right first time though
Adge

15th Jan 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
My missus does 830 - 430 Mon-Fri then does 6 - 1030 Thursday Friday and Saturday at Tesco. She struggled at first but actually prefers her second job to her first now, used to be tired and what not. Now though, she gets bored when shes not at work at night

edit - she works 13 hours extra a week and gets £300 net a month extra if that helps

[Edited on 15-01-2009 by dannymccann]

Cheers for all the help!

How did your missus get that at tesco! that sounds good and £300 a month wud be awsome! i cud live with doing that

is that a standard shift tesco do?
dannymccann

15th Jan 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the shift for her, we work at the same store

Tescos is easy boring work, we get £6.70 or something an hour, unpaid breaks though

You will be lucky to get anything in Tesco stores atm due to HO keep cutting budgets, we keep losing staff we need

Do check the supermarkets though, especially if you live near any 24 hr ones, they will have all sorts of shifts going if yo go in an ask
Adge

15th Jan 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate, live near to tesco and asda 24hr stores, might be worth a look £300 a month wud be perfect
l15ter

16th Jan 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant you do over time at your current job?due to paying a much higher tax.

also try you local hospital, bit of cleaning and alright pay, better than super markets and shops, also they have a system called bank staff, your not contracted to any hours, you just book work, if you dnt work you dnt earn any money, its simple lol
mattk

16th Jan 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you car insurance may go up too
Carl

16th Jan 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
You don't pay MORE tax, you just pay tax at the top band tyour paying at the moment.

For example, couple of years ago.

I worked at a school, got paid and taxed in the 10% and 22%.

Worked a weekend job as well - got paid by them and taxed at 22%.

They just add your two saleries up and tax you accordingly. They won't get it right first time though

x2. As said you don't pay more tax .
ClaireF

16th Jan 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my job is only part-time but i really want to go full-time cos at the mo i am only contracted to 23 hours but i can do more but i just want be full-time.

Suppose i get the bonus of gettin bit every now and then like today a boxer tried going for the other dogs and cos he couldnt bit my leg. but these things happen
Jake

16th Jan 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by Adge
Do i pay more in tax etc coz its a second job?? how does it work?

Yup, I used to work in a bar at the weekends and you get taxed higher, makes it less worth while, my weekends off were worth more than I was getting paid so packed it in!

same here, and because i was on PAYE with my part time job it fucked up my tax returns and i got hardly any rebate
Ant

17th Jan 09 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dint get taxed any higher at all as already been said if you got £100 over time in job 1 you would see exactly the same amount of money as if you earnt £100 in job 2, well thats not exactly whats been said but thats how it works
Shell
Premium Member

17th Jan 09 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Claire, what exactly do you do for a living?
Jake

17th Jan 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ant
you dint get taxed any higher at all as already been said if you got £100 over time in job 1 you would see exactly the same amount of money as if you earnt £100 in job 2, well thats not exactly whats been said but thats how it works

if you're talking to me then im not talking about getting taxed more
Fro

17th Jan 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use to work in topman part time as well as my full time job. Got boring and wasn't worth it in the end. Met some fitties though
ClaireF

17th Jan 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
Claire, what exactly do you do for a living?

i work in kennels with pet dogs and prison dogs hehe

at least if i get bit/attacked by prison dog i get alot of money lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Part-time job day! 23 database queries in 0.0145130 seconds