corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Heathrow's New Runway

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Heathrow's New Runway
liamC

User status: Offline
15th Jan 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that this affects me whatsoever, however, if I was a UK motorist having to pay "green taxes" when the government have just approved a new runway at LHR, I'd be absolutely furius. This just shows what hypocritical greedy bastards they really are. An absolute disgrace.

Additionally, why do tree huggers bother trying to stop these things going ahead and think they're actually going to get anywhere? 3 hippies v Government/State. Get real.
Jay

15th Jan 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
Additionally, why do tree huggers bother trying to stop these things going ahead and think they're actually going to get anywhere? 3 hippies v Government/State. Get real.

Because if we all shared the same commitment instead of just giving the odd rant about things but doing nothing about it, we'd possibly get somewhere....
Kevxx

15th Jan 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uhoh!
Cosmo

15th Jan 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
Not that this affects me whatsoever, however, if I was a UK motorist having to pay "green taxes" when the government have just approved a new runway at LHR, I'd be absolutely furius. This just shows what hypocritical greedy bastards they really are. An absolute disgrace.

Yes - the Govt. should jusr cancel any future expansion of the country

An increase in size will mean an increase in planes using it, which all pay a hell of a lot more 'green taxes' than the average motorist.
pow
Premium Member

15th Jan 09 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im against it personally, mainly because I live under a Heathrow flight path anyway.

We don't need expansion right now, technology allows for that.
Jambo

15th Jan 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

expansion, progression, evoloution, progress.

Sucks for the people who will loose their homes, but im sure they will come out of it better off.

And i was fuming no#1 with the introduction of stupid "green" idiot tax. But more saddened by how many idiots genuinely think it has anymore green relevance than the printing of more green.
Daimo B

15th Jan 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im against it.

Government bangs on about going green, save the planet....

So lets build another runway, allow 250,000+ more planes per year, of which are one of the worst polluters of the planet due to the jet engine exhaust emissions, lets put them right on top of us.

Heathrow does not need another runway. Build up one of the existing airports round the country

Manston has a 2 mile runway in Kent, whats wrong with using that?

Oh, its not smack bang in the city so to help all those poor tourists......

We don't need another runway, we need a new engine design.

Exansion of a country does not happen by allowing another 2 million holidaymakers into the country. Economics, seriously, thats the best they can do?

Government, say one thing, do another.

Vote no to war, lets go anyway....

Soner labour f-ing goes, the better!!!!
Cosmo

15th Jan 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Exansion of a country does not happen by allowing another 2 million holidaymakers into the country. Economics, seriously, thats the best they can do?

Of course it does. FPMSL.
pow
Premium Member

15th Jan 09 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

I agree, but, which of the other parties installs confidence in you?
Daimo B

15th Jan 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Expanding a country is doing what Japan done and building a whole new peice of land, or like Dubai, creating land. Thats expansion.....

If you mean modernising, then why not modernise all the things we have already?

Heathrow, does not need a new runway. Its bad enough round there anyway, Gatwick is 30 min down teh road, Standsted is a hour the other way, not to mention the smaller airports that no-one bothers to use.. Two huge airports in the same area, why do we need another?

Why not create new links to these airports? Why heavily increase air traffic over london and SE, increasing emissions, going.

High speed trains use far less resources, why can freight not come via this? Saving millions of tonnes of gasses from the aircraft.

Get your wording right, expansion of a country is not building a new runway.

Oh, not to mention the City airport, thats another one.
Biggin Hill.

So many airports available with BIG runways. Heathrow does not need another one. Just go to the area to see why.

[Edited on 15-01-2009 by VXR]
Daimo B

15th Jan 09 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

I agree, but, which of the other parties installs confidence in you?

None, this isthe problem. None of them offer a good future I think. We need some more parties involved.

Damien for prime minister.
pow
Premium Member

15th Jan 09 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're sooo fucked
nik

15th Jan 09 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Im against it.

Government bangs on about going green, save the planet....

So lets build another runway, allow 250,000+ more planes per year, of which are one of the worst polluters of the planet due to the jet engine exhaust emissions, lets put them right on top of us.

Heathrow does not need another runway. Build up one of the existing airports round the country

Manston has a 2 mile runway in Kent, whats wrong with using that?

Oh, its not smack bang in the city so to help all those poor tourists......

We don't need another runway, we need a new engine design.

Government, say one thing, do another.

Vote no to war, lets go anyway....

Totally agree with that. Labour make my bloody boil. The only bonus I can see of the extra runway, is the ability for more ENGLISH tax payers to get on a plane and not come back to this dustbin of a country.

[Edited on 15-01-2009 by nik]
Cosmo

15th Jan 09 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Expanding a country is doing what Japan done and building a whole new peice of land, or like Dubai, creating land. Thats expansion.....

Thats physical expansion, not economic expansion.

By allowing more tourists into the country (you mentioned the 2m figure) it will bring in more money as they spend on hotels, attractions, souvenirs, food, etc. etc. It will also create jobs in the economy to cater for this increase in demand created by the extra tourists, therefore lowering the amount of unemployed and collecting benefits.

All that aids in the expansion of this economy.

quote:

Heathrow, does not need an airport. Its bad enough round there anyway, Gatwick is 30 min down teh road, Standsted is a hour the other way, not to mention the smaller airports that no-one bothers to use..

Why not create new links to these airports? Why heavily increase air traffic over london and SE, increasing emissions, going.

No, my wording was perfectly right thanks, as I meant expansion and not moderisation.

And, although Im not 100% clued up on exactly what they are building, I think you'll find increased transport infrastructure is part of the expansion of Heathrow.
Daimo B

15th Jan 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PArty for the pikeys and chavs.

Help the minority, ignore the majority.

I should be a chav, free house, £60+ per week for free, damn why am I working
Daimo B

15th Jan 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Thats physical expansion, not economic expansion.

By allowing more tourists into the country (you mentioned the 2m figure) it will bring in more money as they spend on hotels, attractions, souvenirs, food, etc. etc. It will also create jobs in the economy to cater for this increase in demand created by the extra tourists, therefore lowering the amount of unemployed and collecting benefits.

All that aids in the expansion of this economy.

quote:

Heathrow, does not need an airport. Its bad enough round there anyway, Gatwick is 30 min down teh road, Standsted is a hour the other way, not to mention the smaller airports that no-one bothers to use..

No, my wording was perfectly right thanks, as I meant expansion and not moderisation.

And, although Im not 100% clued up on exactly what they are building, I think you'll find increased transport infrastructure is part of the expansion of Heathrow.

HEathrow has a huge transport structure already in place (you ever been to HR??????). 15 minutes to city centre on the train, or maybe the tube, or prehapes the bus routes, or maybe the coaches, or taxis (£50 in rush hour to city centre Costs me that from Gatwick to home!!!!). What exactly transport wise needs adding??????

As i've said, whats wrong with using other airports that are big enough for even that bloody twin deck airbus thing. Manston is only a short trip to Eurostar link, or the other links from teh SE into the city, and this is just 1 airport, what about all the others in the area (im guessing you know how many airports we've actually got down here, its double numbers!!!).

They just want people to be able to step into the city centre, when its not needed, we have major airports here already. 3 international airports, and 1 european, more than most other cities in the world already. (as said, thats not inc all the others around).

Getting people into the country to make us more money does not mean building 1 more huge runway where its not needed. Its vastly busy on teh road struture surrounding the airport. Its just not needed at Heathrow.

Even Gatwick has better resources for another runway.

[Edited on 15-01-2009 by VXR]
Cavey

15th Jan 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only real qualm i have with any of this is that it should really go to another site in the UK instead of building on the already biggest airport in the UK

(If i live in the South East i'd probably be happy tho)
sand-eel

15th Jan 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heathrow did need another runway, thats why they built one.
pow
Premium Member

15th Jan 09 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I don't think anyone who doesn't live near it can make MUCH comment.

It's gunna make your travelling lives living hell
stubbsy05

15th Jan 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who cares about Green issues and carbon footprints! Not me
Daimo B

15th Jan 09 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
Who cares about Green issues and carbon footprints! Not me

Nice, good too hear your interested in the world your leaving your children and grandchildren.

Typical UK tosser attitude. As long as im alright, I don't care about anyone else.

What about nature, life, the world, killing off lots of animal species just because it suits our way of life.

AS the Matrix film, said, we are a plague of the earth. Climate change happens naturally, its parts of the planets cycle, but ignoring the paper and press stories, it is effecting the planet.

Go look outside in the summer, then think back 10-15 years what it used to be like. Seperate seasons, not one long merged one.
Jambo

15th Jan 09 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heathrow is the busiest airport in the world if im not mistaken...

Another busy one would be Chicago which has 8 runways.

In intrest of safety alone i would say its worth it.

The economic impact will be good, create new jobs and then after its open the obvious tourism, increased business travel etc.

Cosmo

15th Jan 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but Jambo, what about the newts it may kill?
myke

15th Jan 09 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a little about this on the news at lunchtime.

They're proposing that there will be a limit of 200,000 flights from it a year. Over half of which will be allocated first to the air lines with the most efficient planes.

This will take 10 years minimum to be passed, planned, built and commissioned if all of the plans go through first time without any hitch's or hold ups. (and come on this is England, there will be delays.

They will also put in a high speed rail link. I didn't catch exactly where this was to, but i suspect Dover or the tube station they just upgraded for eurostar.

On a personal note, i'm not bothered about it too much provided they widen the M25 clockwise carriageway around that area so I'm not stuck in traffic for 40 mins waiting to get home on a Friday afternoon.
Ojc

15th Jan 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I miss Concord at 19.14 every evening

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Heathrow's New Runway 22 database queries in 0.6459301 seconds