corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » head gasket change

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author head gasket change
dorward

User status: Offline
15th Jan 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just takin my head gasket off and theres still a bit of gasket on the engine whats the best way to take it off? and theres water every where should i clean it all up befor fiting the head back on? cheers
john_c20xe

15th Jan 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use a gasket scraper and ruff emory cloth!
use the ruff stuff to clean both faces, gives a tighter seal, you will need an air line and blow gun to blow out the bolt holes, make sure theres no fluid in the head bolt holes as fluid is not compressible and the head will not be tightened down
dorward

15th Jan 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that mate so do i only need to get the water out of the bolt holes? is there any other way to get the water out mate cheers
john_c20xe

15th Jan 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suck it out with something, make sure theres no water in the pistons as this will leak into the sump,
oil ways and water ways may get oil or water in but just change the oil and filter and coolant after.

make sure the gasket faces are bone dry and clean before fitting the gasket

[Edited on 15-01-2009 by john_c20xe]
dorward

15th Jan 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drained the oil and coolant befor i started, cheers for that mate will try and find some thing tommorow to get the water out cheers

New Poll