corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I've officially given up hope today

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I've officially given up hope today
Nath

User status: Offline
24th Jan 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only Luton could concede a penalty at 5pm

BSP here we come

x100
jonnysri

24th Jan 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was rooting for you mate only cos u were playing bradford
Nath

24th Jan 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks
strick206

24th Jan 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luton have a point but should have been three, its looking like an impossible task now but i really hope they do it
Nath

24th Jan 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No thanks to the cunt that is Trevor Kettle. Even Stuart McCall found his decisions baffling. Utter, utter cunt. In the 7 (SEVEN) mins of added on time we had 3 bookings and a red card. All in protest over the 'penalty'.

[Edited on 24-01-2009 by Nath]
Danny P

24th Jan 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you cant beat Bradford then all hope is right fuly lost

Only kidding mate, my City fan mate told me it was never a Penalty, shit happens when your down the bottom eh. Least you get to go to York, you might bump into Marc and the game
Nath

24th Jan 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait til you see it on SSN mate. Fucking disgrace. I'm glad Kettle got pelted with missles. Arrogant prick isnt fit to be a ref. They demand respect yet show utter contempt when it's a matter of life and death. Get fucked Kettle.
Danny P

24th Jan 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair rant that mate

Will keep an eye of it.
Nath

24th Jan 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.soccerbase.com/refs2.sd?refid=833

Kettle's stats.

4 reds in his last 4 games
17 yellows in his last 5 games

1 of the reds was also overturned midweek. You'd think that'd make him think twice about doing it again. Oh no!!! He does it again alright. Wanker.
Nath

24th Jan 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disclaimer: The several beers I've sank may well have made me more aggressive.
Carl

25th Jan 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From a facebook group from when Barnsley played Stoke, with you know who reffing, the length of it shows the anger at his woefulness!

"A group for fans of all clubs to be able to air their frustrations at the worst referee in English football.

Let me set the scene, it's boxing day and Barnsley are at home to the anti-christ of attractive football, Stoke City. The game, as expected isn't pretty, with Stoke's team consisting of a mixture of giants and thugs (in most instances both). A slightly depleted Barnsley side attempt to play football around these neanderthals but in return receive a kicking. Stoke meanwhile play a style of 'football' (I use the term loosely) that has more in common with a space mission than Championship football, that can be the only explanation for their tactic of trying to kick the ball to the moon at every opportuinity.

For the opening the opening 20 mins very little happened and controversy seemed a remote possibly, even for a ref of Mr Kettle's ineptitude. Sadly this was merely wishful thinking as Mr Kettle got his afternoon of personal accomplishment under way by awarding Barnsley a penalty for an obvious foul. Brian Howard scores it and Mr Kettle has made the correct decision. Well down Mr Kettle. Unfortunatley everones favourite referee named after a kichen appliance, undoes his good work by producing possibly the most inept display of officiating I have ever seen (this is quite an achievement having been witness to numerous matches involving Uriah Rennie, Phil Dowd, Andy D'urso, Mike Riley and Rob 'Fucking' Styles).

Allow me to give a run down of Mr Kettle's 'crimes'

- Ricardo Fuller is obviously a decent player but is also for want of a better phrase 'a cheating cunt.' The lanky twats personal favourite trick appears to be to knock the ball past a defender before jumping into them and collapsing to the ground in a spectacular swan dive. Despite the fact it looks about as convincing as Fuller himself looked as a premiership striker, Mr Kettle falls for it time and time again. Anyway having managed to con a couple of free kicks outside the area, Fuller decides its time to try his luck in the penalty box, predictably a defender has the audacity to challenge him, swan dive, penalty, 1-1. Well done Kettle you tit!

- As previously stated Stoke are nothing more than a team of shit kickers, so in these situations what you need is a strong referee who will not stand for what is almost endless fouling. Sadly for us Mr Kettle take on the rules seemed to be to punish Barnsley for the slightest contact whilst allowing Stoke to get away with whatever the fuck they liked. It almost resembled a game of school yard football where the hardest lads in the year could just push the smaller ones around and no one would dare do anything. Just before half time the Stoke midfielder and FA Cup lookalike Rory Delap took on the role of school bully when he attempted to remove Sam Togwell's legs right under the nose of head prefect Kettle. It was a horrible tackle and a definite red card, naturally Mr Kettle decided it was only worth a yellow. Of course a couple of minutes later an inaucuous trip by Brian Howard is met with the same punishment. To put it into context it was like giving a shoplifter the same punishment as a murderer. Good work Trevor.

- The barnsley fans get fed up of Fuller's antics after he yet again cheats to win a free kick and get Foster booked. Fuller then proceeds to gesture towards the reds fans and then spits towards them, a yellow card at least you would think, of course not. Fuller still has time to have a go at some kids sat near the touchline, still no booking. What a nice man you are Ricardo.

- Having failed failed to send off the jug-eared Delap for his assault on Togwell, Ryan Shawcross (Man united my arse) decided he'd have a go at removing a limb of a Barnsley player with a late and cyincal tackle on Devaney. Yet again Kettle ignores the fact that it is a potential leg breaker and dishes out a yellow card. Soon afterwards Jon 'the beast/fat bastard' Parkin gets frustrated and hoofs Brian Howard up in the air, naturally Mr Kettle deems this is only worth a talking to. Incidentally what on earth did he say to him? 'I've just watched you deliberatly boot this player up in the air err don't do it again,'

- Kettle continues with to show blatant bias which leads to a second Stoke goal. He somehow spots a freekick for a push on a Stoke player when 'Disco' Devaney is through on goal and then minutes later ignores a blatant push on a reds player only to award Stoke a free kick for an identical offence on the edge of the area. They work it well and score to make it 2-2. Awful refereeing.

- Despite Mr Kettle seemingly fufilling a life long ambition to play for Stoke, the reds managed to nick what would appear to be a late winner when Simonsen flaps at a cross and Jon Macken prods home. The reds lead 3-2 when 4 minutes of injury time are announced. 5 minutes into the supposed 4 minutes stoppage time, the cheating cunt Fuller runs towards the reds box before knocking the ball past Foster, he proceeds to run into him and then fall on his arse. Mr Kettle decides it's about time we saw a red card and sends Foster off for a second harsh booking. However Mr Kettle wasn't finished there, from the resulting free kick (we're in minute 97 by this point) the reds clear Lawrences crap cross and must surely have won the game but no. Instead for reasons only know to the clown in the middle he decides to award a penalty. A penalty which had no appeals (and that's saying something when you're playing Stoke!) and no explanation. Lawrence scores and the match finishes 3-3. Shocking. The only explanation I can think of is that Trevor Kettle must be the head of an international betting syndicate and had promised his 'business associates' a 3-3 draw because to referee a match that ineptly surely isn't possible for a 'professional' official!"

[Edited on 25-01-2009 by Carl]
Nath

25th Jan 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably the same group I joined. It has doubled in members since 5pm yesterday

As you've also shown, it's not even just upset Luton fans. There's about 6 different sets of fans in there!!!
AlexSXI

25th Jan 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath, What do you think of Akanni-Sunday Wasiu??

he's onloan from us lot, played a few games for us and scored twice, because of his name i got him on my new away shirt, then our management changed and he hasn't got a sniff under paul lambert hence why you've loaned him off us!
typical really, he scored for you yesterday and our top striker steven gillespie went off injured and we couldnt score at bristol rovers
Nath

25th Jan 09 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've yet to see him but I hear he's doing alright. Everyone on our forums keeps raving about Tom Craddock from 'Boro. Kind of taken the limelight away from anybody else.

[Edited on 25-01-2009 by Nath]
AlexSXI

25th Jan 09 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o tom craddock, he's a good player actually, boro could do with him in their side
he's been on loan everywhere!!!
Nath

25th Jan 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's been amazing for us. 4 goals in 8 games. We've put in a bid for him, but haven't heard anything from 'Boro yet.
fir3vip3r

26th Jan 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that facebook group extract is fucking funny.
JonnyJ

26th Jan 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
BSP here we come

Welcome to hell

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I've officially given up hope today 23 database queries in 0.0119872 seconds