corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Broadband in every home by 2012

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broadband in every home by 2012
will_doyle
Banned

User status: Offline
29th Jan 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All UK homes are to have access to 2Mbps broadband by 2012.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7858498.stm
Daimo B

29th Jan 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does this mean my tax paying money will also include dole scroungers broadband connection as well as their weekly beer and fag allowence
Cavey

29th Jan 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"In France and Germany they are laying fibre, in Japan they already have it. In Britain the average broadband speed is 3.6Mbps so what he [Andy Burnham] is talking about is getting half the current speed," he added.

So basically it's the government assuming people are morons.

It's not saying they'll pay for everyones connection, just have access to 2mb broadband, which i'd imagine most of the country does already.

Agree with the article, we should be going fibre and making it a lot quiker instead of investing in out of date stuff
nik

29th Jan 09 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Free broadband to all Polish etc then
Deadude

29th Jan 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not read the acticle but i thought it meants giving people who cant get broadband the ability to get seeing as the entire uk is still not covered generally cause bt are lazy badgers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Broadband in every home by 2012 22 database queries in 0.0109069 seconds