corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Corsa - Road/Track slag

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project Corsa - Road/Track slag
Dave_I

User status: Offline
20th Feb 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never really posted many pics of the progress of the corsa..so thought id start a project thread as over the next few months a fair bit of money will be spent on it

Here it is, the day i bought it -1.4 16v corsa sport, bog standard, apart from it had already been colour coded, 54k.
Bought for a mere 1150.

2 Days later (after loads of 'ummin and 'aaahing of decisions) the call was made to andy (vaux-tech) and a nice set of irmscher soft stars where ordered, came the same day and fitted that night.

Five minutes after they were fitted to the car

2 weeks later, bored of driving around on stilts, i decided to get the car lowererd. Luckily Andy was changinf the set-up on his GSi so the 60/40 springs and shocks came from his car and onto mine

After a few months, going to a few shows, i decided it didnt quite sit right so decided to go 60mm all round.
some 60mm springs wer sourced cheap on Corsasport.co.uk and then fitted at perrys by vaux-tech after hours.

Also fitted an irmscher grille.

Didnt do a right lot for a while, then swapped it for a tuned VTS, had that for a few weeks and missed my old girl so got rid of the saxo and brought the corsa back. then decided to pull my finger out and get on with it...

New seats in.

Started removing the backseats and carpet...

And rear door cards / anything i dont need..

The the front door cards went...

mk4 astra side repeaters

And as she stands now on my driveway

Taped lights FTW.

hoping to have my new engine in my possesion by next weekend so will be in the garage cleaning n polishing to make it all sparkly!haha

Next plans are to paint the back.. not decided on follow through with the arden blue theme or maybe matt black.
Remove the irmscher 'i' off my bootlid as i dont likeit anymore.
Im going to fabricate some custom doorcards, i like the race look carbon ones but i wanna keep my front speakers and i still need my dose of radio 1 in the morning. Once the engines in, Coilovers will be ordered to replace the current 60mm kit. then who knows....
needs a few more tidy'ing up jobs like the front bumper needs a touch up and few niggly bits.

More Updates soon...

[Edited on 20-02-2009 by Dave_I]
corsa_godfather

20th Feb 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate,well worth the money you got it for
Dave_I

21st Feb 09 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers matey

on with a few other things today :-)
Dave_I

23rd Feb 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started Chippin away at the sound deadening on saturday, what a ball ache, didnt do anything sunday as was competing, anyone any tips for removing it any quicker !

Engine should be here by weekend

[Edited on 24-02-2009 by Dave_I]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Corsa - Road/Track slag 23 database queries in 0.0097530 seconds