corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BBC 2 8.10pm Tonight..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BBC 2 8.10pm Tonight..
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 09 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Richard Hammonds Engineering Connections, did anybody watch it last week,was really good I thought, all about the Airbus A380. Some really interesting facts about it, this week it's all about the taipei 101. Should be interesting
BarnshaW

22nd Feb 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i watched it, they were testing the strengths of the materials used on the plane. was really interesting. i will watch again tonite
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Feb 09 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that was good when they were testing the carbon fibre with the chicken
Ellis

22nd Feb 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great programme, I want to the see the episode with Troll A in it
ed

22nd Feb 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was on Nat Geo a while back. I thought it was the most moronic crap I have ever seen, it seems so American and dumbed down.
Russ

22nd Feb 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm sorry but the show was crap. we watched it and in theory yes, the design is based on - eagles wing tips, the saracen bow etc... it really wasnt was it, it was based on millions of man hours of design and engineering, not Mr Jean-Claude Airboosé watching eagles fly..
John

22nd Feb 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Things like the airbus are covered in much more detail on various programs over dicovery and national geographic.
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Feb 09 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, I've watched loads of them, it was theway the programme was lay out, different to most.
radicalry00

22nd Feb 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's alright for what it is; a simplified layman's guide to engineering. To be honest, I think it's way too basic and is probably geared towards the same audience that 'Brainiac: Science Abuse' is aimed at. I watched an episode about Taipei 101 in Taiwan and thought it was pretty rubbish.
ed

22nd Feb 09 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think when the BBC bought it they thought it would be good for Cebeebies.
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Feb 09 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw the airbus one

Bike pump shock absorbers were

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ellis

22nd Feb 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The prior knowledge assumed of people for the programme is quite low, that's the only thing I could complain about

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BBC 2 8.10pm Tonight.. 23 database queries in 0.3006909 seconds