corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » De- pressurising Air Con

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author De- pressurising Air Con
Mertin

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is this done?

Need to remove the condenser on a civic type r so I can remove the radiator, followed by engine
barneykarl

2nd Mar 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The refrigerant should be reclaimed but as you do not have a reclaim unit you should take it to a garage to do this for you, but as we live in the real world just loosen the schraeder valves same as a tyre valve and let it go , I never told you to do this, I am a commercial refrigeration engineer and letting gas go is a big no no almost as bad as riding a bike and raping women in the eyes of this pc green loving save the planet brigade.
Mertin

2nd Mar 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barneykarl
The refrigerant should be reclaimed but as you do not have a reclaim unit you should take it to a garage to do this for you, but as we live in the real world just loosen the schraeder valves same as a tyre valve and let it go , I never told you to do this, I am a commercial refrigeration engineer and letting gas go is a big no no almost as bad as riding a bike and raping women in the eyes of this pc green loving save the planet brigade.

I did push in one of the schrader valves and got some nice luminous liquid everywhere
barneykarl

2nd Mar 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leak detection dye just use the low side and a rag let it go very slow.
Mertin

2nd Mar 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Leak detection dye just use the low side and a rag let it go very slow.

Low side?

Thanks for your help
john_c20xe

2nd Mar 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DO NOT breath in the gas!! older cars have carsonajenic ( how ever you spell it) gasses witch sit in the bottom of your lungs and you cannot get rid off!
its very dangerous stuff thats why you should take it to a garage!

it should be freee to remove as they will be happy to take your aircon gas as they wil reuse it.

i have before just cut a small hole with a hacksaw in the low pressure and high pressure pipe and just left it but that was on a farm with no one around.
john_c20xe

2nd Mar 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats leak dectection going to do for removing the gas? lol
Mertin

2nd Mar 09 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
DO NOT breath in the gas!! older cars have carsonajenic ( how ever you spell it) gasses witch sit in the bottom of your lungs and you cannot get rid off!
its very dangerous stuff thats why you should take it to a garage!

it should be freee to remove as they will be happy to take your aircon gas as they wil reuse it.

i have before just cut a small hole with a hacksaw in the low pressure and high pressure pipe and just left it but that was on a farm with no one around.

Funnily enough the cars on a farm

Cars sitting on bricks and is written off, so cant take it to a garage
barneykarl

2nd Mar 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok you have two service valves one is the low and the other high you want to use the low one this will be on the larger of the two refrigerant pipes, do not cut or drill these or you will fuk your a/c for future use ie when you have it regassed, john the leak detection dye has been installed to locate leaks, oh the gas being used on cars is being replaced in a couple of years with a greener more ozone friendly one .
Mertin

2nd Mar 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok you have two service valves one is the low and the other high you want to use the low one this will be on the larger of the two refrigerant pipes, do not cut or drill these or you will fuk your a/c for future use ie when you have it regassed, john the leak detection dye has been installed to locate leaks, oh the gas being used on cars is being replaced in a couple of years with a greener more ozone friendly one .

Ok doke, the one I fiddled with earlier was the high pressure one.

Im not caring about re-using the pipes, cars being stripped

New Poll