corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » help me choose a phone

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help me choose a phone
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Mar 09 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really want a large screen for easy net browsing, doesnt 'have' to be touch screen but i like the idea lol

so far i have come up with

8gb iPhone - 600 mins, 500 txts, unlimted web - £35pm (free phone)

or

Samsung Tocco - 1000mins, 1000 txts, unlimited web - £35pm (free phone)

atm i have the n95 with 1000mins and 1000 txts but i use about 200 mins a month if that and no idea on txts, but i like to have the knowledge of not having to worry about running out

so what are the toccos like? and i guess the iphones, is web browsing easy on them without a keypad?
AlunJ

4th Mar 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a look at the nokia 5800? Just got mine yesterday having upgraded from the n95, tis a pretty good phone, and so far its not been too bad to live with the touchscreen.
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 09 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think that one is more based on music, which isnt what i want really, all the vids on youtube seem to show its not very good touch screen, like having to press the screen 3 times to go to something
John

4th Mar 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E71, resolution could be higher, only 240x320, qwerty keyboard if you're wanting to post on forums etc, I got 600 mins, 1000 texts and unlimited web for £25 a month.
AlunJ

4th Mar 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
i think that one is more based on music, which isnt what i want really, all the vids on youtube seem to show its not very good touch screen, like having to press the screen 3 times to go to something

Aye I suppose, a lot of things I find you do have to double click, not sure if its intentional but otherwise its a good all rounder and I didn't really buy it for the music side as I have an ipod touch
Cole

4th Mar 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the tocco is shite for web browsing so dont get that good for everything else though
chris_uk
Premium Member

4th Mar 09 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like the iphone is going to be best suited,

i wouldnt mind looking at the n97 but its going to be end of april aparently when its out...
VegasPhil
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you getting the free iphone?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the £35 tarrif (600 mins, 500txts, unlimited web)

8gb New = £97
8gb Reconditioned = £free

16gb New = £157
16gb Reconditioned = £99

the lass told me that reconditioned looked brand new etc, but the only difference was they didnt have the apple box or the manuals etc, it comes in a o2 box but still has all the accessories and a 12month warrenty
nathy_87

6th Mar 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DONT get the tococ, ive got that at the moment, and every now and then the scren seems to freeze so it cant be used unless you remove & repalce the battery a pain in the arse. Also while flcking through phonebook it scrolles(sp?) back to the top *annoying to at the least*. Last but not least you can't delete the lsit of contacts who you have sent messages too. unlike nokia. i hate it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

6th Mar 09 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i decided to get the iphone in the end

New Poll