corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help with Sub/Amp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with Sub/Amp
webbo_23

User status: Offline
   5th Mar 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys

this may be a stupid question, but ill ask anyway. I have a Fli sub and amp (its all built into one if you get what i mean). do i have to use that amp, or can i use a different one??

thanks
webbo_23

5th Mar 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the reason i am asking is because i have the sub and built in amp, but just brought some 6x9's and want to wire them in. i have a brought another amp to do this, but i dont think it is possible to wire up two amps to the head unit it is?
Kevxx

5th Mar 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wire you 6x9's to your headunit and use one amp?
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your only using the remote lead and RCA's drom the head unit, so simply cut the remote lead in two, attach a seperate piece of wire and rejoin it to create a Y shape connection,

secondly, you can buy different combinations of Y splitters for the RCA's so that they can all be connected to the RCA leads from the head unit, check halfords out etc

you can use the same earth for bioth amps but run seperate power lines with their won individual fuses, well i would any way
fillmecca

5th Mar 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

witch head unit do your have mate?? my mate had the same sort of prob..what we did was the sub with it amp built in was take the sub out of the box take the wirer of that amp that go to the sub and drill a hol and run wires from the sub to your over amp with 6x9's as long as your over amp is a 4 channel amp will b ok
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

presume its this one? or the pink version

amp is an fli loaded 200 2 channel amp
webbo_23

5th Mar 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha yeh mine is a pink one :laugh:

found a splitter for your rca leads, so going to use that - do i need to connect the remote wire to both amps too??
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Mar 09 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea if you want them to turn on / off wth head unit, otherwise theyll b permanently on = flat battery, or not come on at all
webbo_23

5th Mar 09 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate thanks - cheers for all the help

New Poll