corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Signing On

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Signing On
mattk

User status: Offline
9th Mar 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to go and sign on today, Ive paid enough in, I may as well get some back

wtf do I do though?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Mar 09 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

searched google?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Mar 09 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_015272.xml.html
Brett
Premium Member

9th Mar 09 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go to the job centre and repeat this question.

Few forms to fill in. Have to declare savings, etc.

Have to report back to the job centre every 2 weeks with a diary detailing your job hunting efforts.
pow
Premium Member

9th Mar 09 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Waste of time IMO.

When I claimed Job Seekers Allowance, when i started at work they changed my tax code to claim anything I had earnt back.

Scumbags.
Marc

9th Mar 09 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was out of work once after being in full time employment for 8 years. Job Centre treat you like shit and do all they can not to pay you any money. 15 pages of forms to say I was unemployed. Several phone calls trying to convince them I wasn't earning before they finally decided to pay out.

They don't make much effort in helping find a job either!
Ojc

9th Mar 09 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They would if you were Polish.
Corsa Matt

9th Mar 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to do this last week. Been in work for the last 11 years and never claimed in my life. They spoke to me like a piece of shit. I said to the guy that He was out of order and that I am not some bum who cant be botherd to work and spend my bum money on booze and drugs!!
I was made redundant a couple of weeks ago, I have been searching the papers and the net every day. My advice dont take shit off them.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Mar 09 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work that scarce Matt?thought you had plenty of work in your trade
mattk

9th Mar 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we did lost the contract the other week so they fucked me off because "im the youngest"
Ben G

9th Mar 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my girlfriend had to do this 2 months ago. they are a bunch of useles idiots in there.

made her go to one about 15 miles away then said it was the wrong one...

she still hasn't recieved any money from them yet! and she got a job on her own as they didn't help her with anything.

make sure you tell the you don't understand if they don't answer your questions properly.
John

9th Mar 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it wasn't totally pointless you could chase them up for that, can't get rid of people for that these days.
Ben G

9th Mar 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and be prerpared to be surrounded by council scum that have 5/6 babies each. made my skin crawl in there

[Edited on 09-03-2009 by Ben G]
mattk

9th Mar 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I know, totally pointless trying though, just be a waste of my time
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Mar 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i signed on 3 weeks ago, after saying i live in middlesex ?? they refused to pay me after 20 calls later they find out that there is someone else with the same name as me that lives in middlesex

they now pay me and i got an apology

no comment.
pow
Premium Member

9th Mar 09 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The job centre are a bunch of useless cunts.

After many many rude people in there, I thought fine, i'll speak to the manager.

Finally sat down in her office and got an appology.
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Mar 09 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was told on the phone that my appointment to sign on was at half past 11. So I went at half eleven and was told I was late. Apparently they don't do half past the hour appointments, it's actually twenty past. By the sounds of it I'm meant to be able to read minds.

Then the stupid fat woman kept moaning because I was late and making a point of telling EVERYONE, even though it was the idiot on the phone's fault.

I said "I didn't get the letter" when she showed me it on the screen, she said "too many people were saying they didn't get them so we don't send them any more." Helpful, then.

Other than that, most of the other people that worked there seemed alright, just a shame about the scum in there.

Oh yeah, when I was talking to the fat stupid woman upstairs, she was looking at my file and saw that I left the job before last volunterily. She said "that could affect your claim" I said I left there to go into full time work, she goes "oh yeah it says that here"

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
a_j_mair

9th Mar 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

girlfriend had major problems when she was trying to claim statutory maternity pay as hadnt been at her current job for long enough

If it wasnt for myself and her family she would have not had a penny for months!!

Daughter was born about 1 maybe 2 months after she started to get her maternity pay

They are a bunch of useless badgers

[Edited on 09-03-2009 by a_j_mair]
Hammer

9th Mar 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the flipside of these arguments, they must surely have to deal with some proper fly scumbags in there surely?
N3CRO

9th Mar 09 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
my girlfriend had to do this 2 months ago. they are a bunch of useles idiots in there.

made her go to one about 15 miles away then said it was the wrong one...

she still hasn't recieved any money from them yet! and she got a job on her own as they didn't help her with anything.

make sure you tell the you don't understand if they don't answer your questions properly.

I've heard people in my local JC moaning to the workers there after that has happened to them. It seems to happen alot too.

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Other than that, most of the other people that worked there seemed alright, just a shame about the scum in there.

Its like that in most Job Centres. My local one only has one person that knows what they're talking about, the rest are about as useful as a floppy cock during sex.

[Edited on 09-03-2009 by TheNobleOne]
Marc

9th Mar 09 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen people being thrown out by security!
J da Silva

9th Mar 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get any old job doing something else to fil the gap between now and your plumbing stuff picking up again? A lot of people would sooner sign on rather than go into something new, having said that alot of people I talk to are too proud to do something the consider 'downgrading' in work.

mattk, why don't you stick an add in the paper for a local plumber seeking work, the private sector is busy IMO at the moment because rather than sell houses people are doing their own up.
Hammer

9th Mar 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with that Jizzy.

Surely even 1 homer a week for a Corgi registered plumber is more than you'd get on the dole?
pow
Premium Member

9th Mar 09 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could have stacks of private work if I wanted, its getting your name out amounst people
J da Silva

9th Mar 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Advertise yourself pow.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Signing On 23 database queries in 0.0137172 seconds