corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » I need a pic of the rear drum set up on a corsa b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I need a pic of the rear drum set up on a corsa b
Dan A

User status: Offline
12th Mar 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been and got all the bits inside the drum and have nothing to compare it to, anyone got a pic with the drum off ?
Thanks dan
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

12th Mar 09 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

smokey corsa

12th Mar 09 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very fiddly job and not really for an untrained brake tech really but good luck with it.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

12th Mar 09 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smokey corsa
very fiddly job and not really for an untrained brake tech really but good luck with it.

What? Don't be daft, I replaced all the shoes and springs on mine after owning the car about 6 months (my first car btw, the first time I'd attempted drums) and I just took one side apart, and used pictures and the other side as a reference.

Not hard to do at all, just fiddly as you said.
Terry12

13th Mar 09 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It really is an easy job to do. Only job I hate doing is refitting the cups and springs on the shoes.
I bought one of these and it makes the job so much easier.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lisle-Tool-For-Brake-Shoe-Anti-Rattle-Springs_W0QQitemZ190282256441QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Measuring_Tools_Levels?hash=item190282256441&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
alan-g-w

13th Mar 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to do a wheel cylinder on a mk3 astra, managed to keep the shoes and the brake assembly together when I took them off and thought it'd just be a case of stretching the springs to put it back on. How wrong I was, when everything just pinged apart just when it was almost on. Managed to find all but one spring, luckily had one in the garage. Found it the next day about 15 feet away from the car!

That was 1st time I'd attempted drums and managed to put it all back together (more sensibly) the 2nd time trying.

If you think you need a brake tech then you've clearly been brainwashed by Kwik Fit and the like's shite they spout.

[Edited on 13-03-2009 by alan-g-w]
Haimsey
Premium Member

13th Mar 09 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought id help out

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
smokey corsa

14th Mar 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Had to do a wheel cylinder on a mk3 astra, managed to keep the shoes and the brake assembly together when I took them off and thought it'd just be a case of stretching the springs to put it back on. How wrong I was, when everything just pinged apart just when it was almost on. Managed to find all but one spring, luckily had one in the garage. Found it the next day about 15 feet away from the car!

That was 1st time I'd attempted drums and managed to put it all back together (more sensibly) the 2nd time trying.

If you think you need a brake tech then you've clearly been brainwashed by Kwik Fit and the like's shite they spout.

i worked for them mate and went on every course they do. you'd be suprised how informative they are, i wouldnt want any chimp working on my brakes!!
Dan A

15th Mar 09 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Lads
alan-g-w

15th Mar 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smokey corsa
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w

i worked for them mate and went on every course they do. you'd be suprised how informative they are, i wouldnt want any chimp working on my brakes!!

Fair enough mate, you're always going to get the good people that actually care about their job and what they're doing - ie, yourself. But in my experience they are complete and utter twats that don't know a spanner from a socket.

New Poll