corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How Much Should I lower my Corsa On 15" CDX wheels

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How Much Should I lower my Corsa On 15" CDX wheels
cyber_killer

User status: Offline
16th Mar 09 at 03:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone time has come for me to lower my car ( i just want to improve the handeling that weebit)
I plan on getting some 15" astra cdx wheels because i like them, which will more than likely have 195 55 85 tyres on. I then want to lower my car, but really dont want it to rub on arches at all. So i want to know wht is the best drop? not for looks but for handeling?

Also is it worht all the extra money for uprated dampers? i aint aiming for best handeling car in world just want it better as standard it is awful standard. I want to improve it as cheap as possible

I am bit nervous because my mates corsa rubs lbad on corners and i dont wnt mine to

Thanks CK

Also any tips on simple cheap engine mods would be greatly apprecited
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Mar 09 at 06:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran cdx wheels on coilovers and never had a problem:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/4488/diff013.jpg
steven_r2008

16th Mar 09 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roll your arches sorts out any little scrubs got my sport lowered 60 mm just on springs with 185 / 65 / 14" and dont scrub at all, jus did calculations and that is like having it rolling on 16" with profile 40's therefore shouldn't scrub on them either. however my ride is really hard just about feel every 1p coin on road , 40 mm is always a safe bet mate, looks alright and improves handling more than standard
smokey corsa

16th Mar 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think 'how low' is the issue. fisrt off i would change the tyres for 195/50's, then fit some 40mm springs but check that your origional dampers are in good working order. remember they will probably have been on the car a number of years so may be worth changing, even if you do just go for standard again.

this should look a bit better, be a comfortable drive and handle much better.
Haimsey
Premium Member

16th Mar 09 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old corsa was lowered -40mm on CDX alloys with 195/45 tyres on them.

http://corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5598/DSCF6758_Large.JPG
http://corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5598/DSCF7887.JPG

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
M666TT C

16th Mar 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cyber_killer
have 195 55 85 tyres on

physical imposibility!!

there is no such tyre size
Daveskater
Premium Member

16th Mar 09 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whack some 195/45 or 195/50 tyres on and then get 30 or 40mm springs.

If you want good handling and good comfort you're gonna need to pay for it. Eibach and Bilstein don't come cheap. You can get Gmax springs for about £60 but if the 40mm ones are like my 60mm rear ones when I wouldn't bother, it's bouncier than a bouncy castle.

As long as you get the tyres changed and don't have two 20 stone people in the back then you'll be fine.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll