corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fitness People...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitness People...
Rob R

User status: Offline
16th Mar 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure some of you on here have daily routines to get in to and to keep yourself in shape...so if you do what do you?

I used to be quite an "athletic" lad but then discovered alochol and smoking 5 years ago so have slowly lost my shape. I piled on 2 stone and went up to 16 stone, but being 6 foot 3 managed to not look like a right heffer. I got myself back down to about 13 stone at the start of the year but have slowly noticed it going back on so have now taken up a daily exercise routine.

Work out consumes of 4 sets of 15 reps of 5kg weights on each arm followed by 30 minutes on exercise bike with varying resistance every minute and then another 4 sets of 15 reps on the weights again.

Only been doing it a week and a bit but I'm already feeling better for it. Don't know if it's a placebo effect or whether it is actually kicking in, but either way it gives me the motivation to keep it up.
Marc

16th Mar 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd cut down on the smoking and drinking, keep doing the exercise then when you feel up to it go to the gym and do a proper work out, you'll soon find out how out of shape you are and how much work you are going to have to put in!
stubbsy05

16th Mar 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got for 2 x 3 mile runs a week and a 1 mile swim on a Saturday.

Thats all really. Not really serious about it but it makes me feel better and beats sitting on my arse indoors.
dan_m1les

16th Mar 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excersing 2-3 times a week does make you feel better, Look at doing more varied excercise aswell, rather than reps of 5kgs of weight on each arm...
Rob R

16th Mar 09 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I'd cut down on the smoking and drinking

I was on 15 - 20 a day for a couple of years, then quit around this time last year, then took a new job with promotion in november of last year and started again. Only smoke about 2 - 4 a day now and drink on a saturday night.

Now the weathers getting better I'll probably go for the odd run once or twice a week. Would go swimming but it would mess my hair up
Ben G

16th Mar 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said, running and swimming for cheap/free ways of keeping fit.

i also do some light weights just to keep a bit fit. i feel better for doing them anyway.

also, stay away from chocolates and fizzy drinks. i've had these today and they really get me down.

try and stick to water/flavoured juice and a bit of fruit, you'll feel so much better for it
DanA

16th Mar 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been fit got a me a rare disorder which made my lung collapse hahaha! think i might go fat .

on a serious not i play loads of football, so just go on jogs, do sit ups at home press ups ect, then just eat abit of healthy food makes u feel loads better.
Twiggy

16th Mar 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am well chuffed today....

I dont exercise never walk anywhere etc.

Today I have walked about 5miles

I am fucked!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fitness People... 22 database queries in 0.1076040 seconds