corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Weird problem ( battery drain + more )

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weird problem ( battery drain + more )
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
19th Mar 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a few probs

1. Battery drains in 30 secs after been jumped off and left for 1 hour ?
2. firing on 3
3. idling on 3 and cutting out after 7min

Put a new engine in 1.48v from an astra is the ecu the same ?
Spark plugs have taken a right battering to the black sut aswell.

any sensors i could try ? as for the battery i dont have a clue
cheers
Mikey_j

19th Mar 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could just be a dead battery m8 or might just need charging properly. Have you checked all connections to sensors etc? earths? Vac hoses the right way round?
Ste
Premium Member

19th Mar 09 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pull of the battery positive, connect an ammeter up and see if there is any draw when the ignition is off. If not, your battery is dead. Buy a new one and then see what the symptoms of your misfire is. Could be related but better to fix one fault at a time.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Markus

19th Mar 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it could be the vac hoses, i dont have a clue which way round they go,
from the map sensor i have one to the t piece but i think it should go to the inlet ?
all connections + earths are fine
Markus

19th Mar 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
Pull of the battery positive, connect an ammeter up and see if there is any draw when the ignition is off. If not, your battery is dead. Buy a new one and then see what the symptoms of your misfire is. Could be related but better to fix one fault at a time.

tried 2 other batterys off mates car + an ice cream van one and they all died, i know one bit at a time its just annoying me now
Ste
Premium Member

19th Mar 09 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have something draining the battery, as i said, connect an ammeter between the battery and battery lead, there should be a small bit of current from the clock and things, but they don't flatten batteries! if you see more than 0.5amp then you have a problem. Now go around unplugging things then seeing if the current draw is still there? if it is, plug it back in and try something else. You will eventualy unplug something and get only a few milliamps showing. That will be your problem, then swap that part with one that works and see if you still get the fault, if not, you have sorted it, if it is still there check how that part is wired, if it is something you have done from the conversion then re wire it properly.

That sounds like a load of crap now i've read it back, but i need a piss. You can get the basics from it!

[Edited on 19-03-2009 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Markus

20th Mar 09 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just tried every plug and nothing, no change,
better still the car wont even start now from a jump just coughing and spluttering
Markus

20th Mar 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just did a compression test, failing on 4.
after doing the test 5 times they all read good

still wont start
Markus

20th Mar 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All sorted, all i need to do is tracking,
cheers for help !

New Poll