corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Gauging interest C20XE Crank locking tool

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gauging interest C20XE Crank locking tool
red_top_corsa

User status: Offline
20th Mar 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just had to remove that horrible crank bolt on the C20XE because I had an oil leak on my oil pump seal while the engine is still in situ. I have never come across a definitive way of locking the crank to be able to get a breaker bar on the bolt and undo it?. Ive seen people put things in the flywheel end and even jam wood between the crank and block. Even ive tried the "stick it in gear and get someone to stamp on the breaks".

I wanted to undo the bolt without transferring the torque through the crank, So made up a template and took it to my local machine shop. Picked it up a few hours later and bolted it up to the crank, stuck the E20 socket on a 450mm breaker bar, the locking tool made contact with the front cross member, pulled on the breaker bar and the bolt undone with no dramas what so ever, I was more than impressed.

Now ive done it with little effort im sure other C20XE owners could benefit with a definitive crank locking tool??

Pics and price to follow but who would be interested adding one to there tool kit??

red_top_corsa

21st Mar 09 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up we go
red_top_corsa

21st Mar 09 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to the top
stampy_54

22nd Mar 09 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id be interested in seeing pictures first
red_top_corsa

22nd Mar 09 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok trying to get some
stampy_54

25th Mar 09 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics yet?

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » Gauging interest C20XE Crank locking tool 24 database queries in 0.0094500 seconds