corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14XE Probs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14XE Probs
AlexW

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all.

After annoying the PNG'ers i figured id post up here. Got a X14XE fitted into my nova and from day one ive had probs. But ive finaly got it running.

BUT.... It starts, idles lumpy and then revs up, then cuts out? Theres no lamba but i always thought these didnt kick in untill warm? The EGR valve isnt fitted eather yet.

Somthing else i should point out, if you hold the revs it does last a bit longer iirc.

I havnt flashed the codes out yet eather (parly due to them being 4diget due to using a X16XE ecu etc to get it running)

And just somthing else i want to clear up, do these engines have a limp mode?

Any help is awesome.

[Edited on 22-03-2009 by AW06]
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Mar 09 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant see the 16xe ECU doing it any favours to be fair. Try using the correct ECU and see what codes that chucks up
Richardhhha

23rd Mar 09 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oxygen sensor measure the mixture so that it will change if no oxygen sensor is fitted it will over fuel like a coont and wont run right, also if the egr isnt connected it will pull up codes and possably run like crap.

reving up sounds like its got a air leak, check all the pipes and the manifold as they tend to spring leak there.

only difference between the 14xe and 16xe ecu's are the mapping for injection times iirc will most probably be corrected tho
AlexW

23rd Mar 09 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What i wanted to hear. Il be fitting the EGR blanking plate and refitting the EGR tomorrow. Lamba il prob sort the same time too.

With the reving up wouldnt it rev up permanly if it was an air leak? it idles lumpy for about 4secs and then starts to rev up (no gauge fitted atm so cant tell how much) and then seems to leval out.

It dosnt help that it hasnt got a exhaust fitted.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Mar 09 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checked the ICV?
AlexW

23rd Mar 09 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havnt checked anything tbh, i just wanted ideas for what to check.

Tomorrow il flash out the fault codes too
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Mar 09 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact, definatly check the ICV after reading your post again. Sounds like its dicky to me
Ricky352

23rd Mar 09 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb
cant see the 16xe ECU doing it any favours to be fair. Try using the correct ECU and see what codes that chucks up

My mate has a 1616 and it had a 1416 ECU in it, which made it run exactly as you have described yours.
neilb1

24th Mar 09 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea the x16xe ecu makes car run lumping would go for x14xe mate as they run miles better on them mine started to cut out and loose revs at about 5000rpm when warm and it pops on x14xe ecu lol
AlexW

24th Mar 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rain stopped me checking yesterday. Im only borrowing the X16 ecu untill my X14 one comes. i was told that it would work though

Meh

New Poll