corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my JDM MR2 build

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my JDM MR2 build
Tomm R

User status: Offline
1st Apr 09 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey,

I hae seen a few people posin up tir non-corsa projects and thought i would join in, If this is not good mods please delete and a big sorry from me!

So then, My names Tomm and i LOVE Jap scrap!

Earlier this year i got my hands on a SW20 MR2 Toyota, Its a JDM (imported) model and is a G-limited T-bar in shitty 3E5 red. Here it is the day i got it from silverstone where i stopped off in Maccy D's at Milton keynes before the long trip back to Gillingham in Kent!

I found the car to be rather slopy in the corners so the first thing i got my hands on was a set of JIC Majic Coilovers which left me £1200 lighter off!

Now the ride is done shakingly though as it has been paired up with a Whiteline ARM and matching Droplinks

I then moved onto the interor and got myself a Double Din touchscreen unit which i cinnected up to the PS2 so my passanger doesnt have to listen to my really bland conversation! The PS2 has now een replaced with a 360!

I then got rid o that poxxy front number plate and threw that up on the dash!

Next on the list i got mysel a pair of GENUNE (new from japan these cost in the regon of £350 each!) Toms roof scoops. I managed t get these off of a member of a MR2 foum for the grand total of a pint! (thats why i told you what they were worth!) they fit like a glove and they are superb!

Now this is howthe car currently stands, in the photo the wingmirrior is at the body shop getting some paint!

I then got myself a mongoose exhaust system and a de-cat. Unfortunatley i have n photos of this ..... YET!

The plans!

The car is coming off of the road for the next year, primeraly so that i can get some NCB and get some cheaper insurance! But also to have some major work done to it!

It will be having a 3SGTE (turbo) Engine onversion and i am hoping for a figure of around 300bhp

It will be visitng the body hop for a veilside kit and a complete respray

I will also be trying to source my dream whees, Work Meiser S2's in 18x10 & 18x9.5

So thats my build in a round about way nd thought i would share it with those of you on here who also have a eye for jap!

For the while this is off of the road i will be rolling in a corsa so i will get a build up for that if i ever get it

Tomm

[Edited on 01-04-2009 by Tomm R]
*JonnyG*

1st Apr 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WATSON

1st Apr 09 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

veilside kit
Tomm R

1st Apr 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replies!

I know i know! If it maes you feel any better i am seriousy considering the border kit! i it looks a bit better!

Is that a 306 rallye i spy!
antnee

2nd Apr 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please throw some clear front light on, make the front look a million times better!
Tomm R

2nd Apr 09 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am considering some clear corners for it but i am trying to firmly ecide on what i want regard the front end.

OEM, Veilside or Border! i just dont know!

As i am wanting to go for a bit of boost for the summer with a 300bhp bench mark i am going to focus on some decet stopping power!

Uaooking at the JZ Toyoa brakes which came on the JZA80. 4 pot 302mm monsters!

Should hopefully slow down 300 horses pretty sharpish!
antnee

3rd Apr 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As in dan's thread, this was my brothers

Some very simple but very effictive changes
Tomm R

4th Apr 09 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah yes i spotted this in his thread and i think this maybe te route i will be going down!

likeisa t the op of the list at the moment is a set of 302mm 4pot brakes and so that i can still fitmy wheels over the rakes i am looking at a new set of wheels aswell.

a set of these

and some of these

and then i will be focusing on collecting turbo parts!
Tomm R

5th Apr 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a wee update.

Slammed the front

from this

to this

much better!

I took the car off of the jack and it was so low that the jack didnt go low enough! So i had to put some bricks under the wheels and then roll it off!

I also painted my mirrior!

Went fron this

to this

also a little detail!

There is loads of text on the mirriors

so i was going to take it all off and just have a smooth mirior but seen as my car is a import it has some cool jap text on it so i thought i would leave that for the true JDM-ness!

and thats about that for the time being

VVV lies i never did!

[Edited on 05-04-2009 by Tomm R]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my JDM MR2 build 23 database queries in 0.0133231 seconds