corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Black Corsa 1.4 16v (Spares or Repair)

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Black Corsa 1.4 16v (Spares or Repair)
Tom A

User status: Offline
12th Apr 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For Sale (Spares or Repair) is my 1.4 16v Corsa Sport in Black. This is a very reluctant sale as the car was my first car and has been such a great car to get around in, but unfortunately, due to engine problems and a lack of funds to repair, I am forced to sell it.

The car is an N reg (’96) Sport, with a very good condition interior and a good exterior, apart from a small dent in the drivers side after someone drove into me on a roundabout. It comes with the standard 3 spoke Sport alloys and also a GSI front bumper in Black, all on the car. It also has a drilled airbox and Pipercross air filter.

Unfortunately, the car failed its most recent MOT based on emissions because it was burning oil. Upon further inspection was found to have a piston ring gone. Having been quoted at least £600 to repair this, I felt it was time for me to look for another car. This would be the perfect project for someone with the time and skills to repair, as the engine has had a lot of work done to it over the past 14 months or so.

I have owned the car since October 2007 and it has been regularly driven since February 2008 when I passed my test. There have been a few engine problems in the time I have owned it, but all have been fully repaired until this most recent one.

The car has had since I have owned it:

A new Exhaust System
A new Radiator
A new Head Gasket
A new Cambelt
A full Top-end Rebuild

In the line of a few more minimal parts, it has also more recently had:

A new battery
New rear wiper blade
New sidelight bulbs

I also have a few parts which I bought to put on the car, but never got round to doing, which I will throw in with the car, as it will save me the hassle of selling them separately. These parts are:

Replica GSI Sideskirts
One very good condition GSI Fog Light
Post 97 Side Strips. These are unpainted and have never been on the car.

The car currently has no Tax or MOT, but despite being smoky, the engine still runs well.

I am looking for around £350, but am willing to negotiate, as I feel that this car has a lot to offer anyone willing to put the fairly small amount of work in to get it running, as the oil burning was the ONLY thing it failed the MOT on. Also as it’s being sold with the GSI bumper, which is worth a fair amount on its own.

Please feel free to U2U me if you are interested.

Cheers, Tom.

[Edited on 17-04-2009 by Tom A]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Black Corsa 1.4 16v (Spares or Repair) 24 database queries in 0.0109711 seconds