corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Global Gathering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Global Gathering
wilson_sri

User status: Offline
15th Apr 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldnt be bothered looking for the old thread about Global Gathering.

But think my friends and me have decided to go. Anyone on here been before?
Whats it like? I know the line up looks great, but whats it like as a whole? Whats the atmosphere like, the people, the nightlife?

Also it finishes at 3pm on the Sunday, pretty early i must say! Did you just travel home after? Long drive for me after a heavy saturday night, doubt id want to do that.
And emmm, whats the situation at the gate, do they search you

xx
stubs

15th Apr 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be watching this thread for answers... am wanting to go too this year. Not been before but heard glowing reports.
If its anything like creamfields, get the women to "shove it up em"
wilson_sri

15th Apr 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We cant decide between global and creamfields! Both line ups are amazing.

Whats your answers to my questions about creamfields?
Doug

15th Apr 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Global is camping

Put it this way. A mates brother was there last year and was able to trade MDMA for a packet of crisps
stubs

15th Apr 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The atomosphere at creamfields was amazing... even though I was only drinking (honest guv!).. I managed to party right through, non-stop dancing right in the thick of it... class!
My brother only lives 10 mins away from creamfields, so it was straight in a taxi for me and crashed at his all of Sunday to recover.
As I remember the gates, they had "amnesty" bins, and then searching with sniffer dogs once you were going inside.. There didn't seem to be much checking once you were inside.. I think they are more bothered about keeping people safe. Not sure how it works for a 2 night event, as people would have tents etc.. and loads of places to stash stuff (coffee jars?)
stubs

15th Apr 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Global is camping

Put it this way. A mates brother was there last year and was able to trade MDMA for a packet of crisps

SOLD - I'm gonna to buy my tickets right now thank you Doug
Doug

15th Apr 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be there

I live 5 mins drive away so will get a taxi back both nights but will deffo be there to see Pendulum and prodigy
Butler

15th Apr 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wilson_sri
And emmm, whats the situation at the gate, do they search you

xx

I wouldnt risk it personally! As expensive as some of the shit there will be, is it worth it?
CraigyG

15th Apr 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hide it well enough & you'll be soound

You can stay around till about tea timeish on the Sunday which is about 5 I think dont quote me tho. I think Global is the best out the bunch it's a good crack well worth it
wilson_sri

15th Apr 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever iv been to TITP, same set up sniffer dogs and searching. Usually just stash it inside sleeping bags etc

Hard choice though! Im swaying towards creamfields, because of the extra night. Plus it has a amazing line up. Main ones i want to see are Zabiela and Dubfire, but creamfields also have deadmau5.
Doug

15th Apr 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im guessing you would just put whatever you wanted to bring into a coffee jar and stuff that into your sleeping bag or something?

From what I have heard the place is absolutely flooded so cant be too hard to bring stuff in
Dom

15th Apr 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was there in 2006 and it is absolutely brilliant (Fatboy was legendary) Camping is genius although it does get a little messy especially around the bogs, hence why i would opt for VIP tickets if you can. The clean bogs happily make it worth the while.

The only piss take was the skagheads running around shouting in your ears and the place became a little chavy once they let the locals in Plus food is expensive, so bring plenty of grub with you.

Oh yeah, i can vouch for the swaping - had a brummie couple camping next to our group in a ficher-price kids tent (f'ing hilarous considering the bloke was about 6'7), and we traded a little green for a few cuppa teas (we had a gas stove)

edit - as for the searching, all they did was open up our rucksakes have a quick peek and told us to move on. Only people getting properly searched seemed to be the typical shady lot - so aslong as you don't look like the local drug dealer you should be fine

[Edited on 15-04-2009 by Dom]
wilson_sri

16th Apr 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

edit - as for the searching, all they did was open up our rucksakes have a quick peek and told us to move on. Only people getting properly searched seemed to be the typical shady lot - so aslong as you don't look like the local drug dealer you should be fine

Damn

Kidding. Think we are just going to book creamfields for the extra night. Dont fancy the 6 hour drive back to Scotland on a comedown
stubs

16th Apr 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take the Monday off work
wilson_sri

16th Apr 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what im wanting to do. But Global finishes at 3pm on the Sunday, and you have to leave straight away. But creamfields you can camp the Sunday night aswell, and leave on the Monday morning.

[Edited on 16-04-2009 by wilson_sri]
stubs

16th Apr 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah fair do's then..
Can't you get a train? Tickets should be pretty cheap if you get them early enough.
John

16th Apr 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go to TITP, take in as many drugs as you want and sit in the slam tent all weekend if that's your thing.
stubs

16th Apr 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the slam tent?
stubs

16th Apr 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do Global... and I'll drive you back in your nova
wilson_sri

16th Apr 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
What's the slam tent?

This is the slam tent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPzYjUssK3I

Basically a huge tent that has various types of DJS. Its amazing, the best part of TITP.

Unfortunatly 95% of the people that go have never heard of any of the djs that play in it. But its still awesome.
Dom

16th Apr 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wilson_sri
Thats what im wanting to do. But Global finishes at 3pm on the Sunday, and you have to leave straight away. But creamfields you can camp the Sunday night aswell, and leave on the Monday morning.

you sure? Us camping lot didn't have to leave until midday on the monday and even then we didn't get off site til 2/3 ish due to traffic.
wilson_sri

16th Apr 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what is says on there website. Il double check, maybe i just read it wrong.

Edit: Just checked

http://www.globalgathering.co.uk/2009/info/faqs

Q: How long am I able to stay at the campsite after the festival?
A: We encourage people to sleep before making any journeys so you will be able to stay in the campsite until Sunday afternoon at 15.00.

-wylo-

16th Apr 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wilson i wouldnt worry bout searching if its the same as TITP, they're usually more bothered about us taking glass bottles than anything else. Obviously unless you look like the local dealer with 300pills in their bag... but one glance and they'll realise your not dealer material

Who you heading down wi anyway man?
wilson_sri

16th Apr 09 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by -wylo-
Wilson i wouldnt worry bout searching if its the same as TITP, they're usually more bothered about us taking glass bottles than anything else. Obviously unless you look like the local dealer with 300pills in their bag... but one glance and they'll realise your not dealer material

Who you heading down wi anyway man?

Theres 3 of us so far. Torley, Phil and me. Going to ask the lot we head to Musika with if they are up for it, which is more than likely. Going to se if we can even get enough for a mini bus.
holes_666

17th Apr 09 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was there last year working on security, i believe im there this year again!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Global Gathering 22 database queries in 0.0157931 seconds