corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » letters of resignation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author letters of resignation
jibjob

User status: Offline
16th Apr 09 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been offered another job with better hours, better pay, better benefits, doing something im both trained for and enjoy doing.

i hate my job at the minute im only still there because i need the money and like the people.

anyone else been in the same situation?

i want to write my letter of resignation when im 110% certain of getting the job. only problem is the new job with the different company is on the same site as the job im in now so i'll still see the same people inc bosses.

how do i write a letter saying im quitting without annoying anyone?

also anyone written or quit in a funny and amusing way?
jibjob

16th Apr 09 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to start off the amusing ones my mate once wrote:

"i quit. inabit"

Gareth F

16th Apr 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was along the same lines.
Hated it so much but i started when i was 15 and left at 20.
Included the dates to make it legit but was short to say the least.
Oh and you should always work in something that makes you happy, your there for most of you time spent awake
jibjob

16th Apr 09 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im there when im half asleep most the time aswel!

takes the piss though its like this week im working monday through to sunday. my shifts are as follows: 12-8pm, 5.45am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 2pm-10pm,5.45am-2pm, 2pm-10pm,12-8pm. for one doing 10pm finish into a 5.45am start is illegal but its knackering and stressful!
Gareth F

16th Apr 09 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its illegal yes, they can only make you do it if you agree to it. Tell them to get stuffed.
My shifts are
mon,tues 8-5.30
thu,fri 8-5.30
sat 8.30-5.30
without fail.
makes me happy that i dont ever have a changing rota as i can actually plan stuff in advance.
jibjob

16th Apr 09 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye thats the other problem! mine change weekly both day and time and they dont put the rota out until like the day before its meant to start so i can never plan anything until last minute. if i tell them to get stuffed i lose the shift and the money which i cant afford to do
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Apr 09 at 00:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep it polite and sweet

I didn't give notice when I moved internally. I bagged the new position and got my new manager to sort the start date with the old one

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jibjob

16th Apr 09 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not moving internally though already done that and now im bored

im moving about 2.5m across the road to a recovery service and will see my now-colleagues everyday im in the new job. they all want me to get the new job because no-one is happy about being there just dont know how to keep the bosses sweet lol
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Apr 09 at 00:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice fluffy letter and wave when you see them in the mornings

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
liamC

16th Apr 09 at 05:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Act professional. Write a professional resignation.

You've got plenty of genuine reasons to move on that you've listed above. Whether it's on the same site or not and you'll be seeing the same bosses, you're doing it for enough good reasons and to better yourself.
gtitim

16th Apr 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quote the European Working Times directive as your current employer - must have a clear 11hrs between shifts, or at least 90 hrs rest over a 7 day period. Your shift pattern is dangerous. what do you do? If you were to have an accident travelling to/from work, your employer could be in trouble.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » letters of resignation 23 database queries in 0.0139189 seconds