corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Hotmail - Password Reset, I've not got a clue what my secret answer is?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hotmail - Password Reset, I've not got a clue what my secret answer is?
Whittie

User status: Offline
21st Apr 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I'm just going round in circles here, can't find an appropriate e-mail address to send an email to Microsoft regarding help about my account.

It's for an email address I registered in 1999. I have a stupid 'Secret question' That makes no sense at all. Also have no idea what the password is. I've tried sending to alternate e-mail address, but that was closed years ago as it was a 'wanadoo' account for broadband.

Do you think there's any chance of getting the address back? It'll have the correct details in there, so they may give it me?

Thanks for any help
dannymccann

21st Apr 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt there an 'I forgot my secret answer' option?
Whittie

21st Apr 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No
noshua

21st Apr 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc you can email or phone some support, there was a topic on here, you'll have to do the searching on here as I can't
xa0s
Banned

21st Apr 09 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never seen anyone successful in getting theirs back if you've forgotten the usual stuff. Mine got hacked when I was about 14 and I lost so many friends that I only had contact through e-mail/MSN. It was actually gutting knowing I had no-way of contacting them ever again (a few met on holidays, or over the 'net). Kept chasing for ages ringing Microsoft and so on, but nope... Never got it back.
Neo

22nd Apr 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could always try and recreate the email address, if it hasnt been used for x amount of time sometimes it says "We have missed you" (If you enter the same contact details and stuff iirc)
MJFF88

23rd Apr 09 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
Never seen anyone successful in getting theirs back if you've forgotten the usual stuff. Mine got hacked when I was about 14 and I lost so many friends that I only had contact through e-mail/MSN. It was actually gutting knowing I had no-way of contacting them ever again (a few met on holidays, or over the 'net). Kept chasing for ages ringing Microsoft and so on, but nope... Never got it back.

Did you keep logs? Would say their email address in said logs
C2RL R

23rd Apr 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can do it mate, just hold on a min and i'll find the email address for you. me and Haimsey have both succesfully reset ours this way.
C2RL R

23rd Apr 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlidvalidation&ct=eformcs

fill as much info out in that form as you can then submit it. when my email got hacked the person changed all my secret question stuff so i had no idea what the new answers were. i just wrote a note at the bottom explaining what had gone on and they reset it for me within 12 hours. good luck.

New Poll