corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rebuilding a C20LET

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rebuilding a C20LET
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 09 at 01:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wanting some info really, and some advice, will be looking into getting a LET lump towards the end of the year or early next year, and will obviously be wanting it rebuilt.

Just wanted an idea of what parts I would need to rebuild and uprate one of these engines.

Im basically going to go for something along the lines of the Regal Phase 2 Package, 280bhp etc. and wanted a list of what parts I will need to rebuild the engine and uprate it to phase 2 spec, anyone able to help me out with a list?

Cheers

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
AshGSi

22nd Apr 09 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ctor.co.uk/workshop_manual.php

Go onto that link and you can townload the c20let workshop manual that tells you how to do it all.

Im guessing all you want to do is a full gasket set, head ported and polished with new valves and seals, and polished, new arp bolts, new piston rings.

Im guessing for the phase two (but not entirely sure) you need the regal software, larger fmic, adjustable fpr, enlarged tophat and a big enough exhaust for it to flow freely enough.
fazza

22nd Apr 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt bother porting and polishing the head mate

you rebuilding it yourself adam?
Adam C
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AshGSI - Cheers Mate, will have a nose over it now

fazza - in all honesty, Ive never rebuilt an engine in my life, done alot of mechanical work on engines before, was tempted to get someone else to rebuild it but am very tempted to learn myself and give it a go.

Adam C
Premium Member

26th Apr 09 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the things ashgsi mentioned in the list everything that needs to be rebuilt and replaced?

I want to make it as bullet proof as possible, I know LET engines have a tendency to have problems but want to have as strong a engine as possible.

P1CK4D

27th Apr 09 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont spend the money building a real "bullet-proof" rebuild. Costs so many thousands. I should know. A far better option is to buy one done. Take a look at my for sale thread below. Also replied on Mig
Adam C
Premium Member

27th Apr 09 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I noticed your reply on Mig, not looking to buy an engine asap, I just want to get a few plans down and a spec list and approx. price on how much I will be needing to spend would be ideal.

New Poll