corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss - F430 F1

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss - F430 F1
BluKoo

User status: Offline
27th Apr 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copied and pasted from DW.
I'm not sure whats happened to some of the pics...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit of an easier detail when compared to the previous ones I've had to do recently

This F430 was previously done by myself approx 18 months ago when I spent 5 days on it from new and it has been maintained by us ever since on a quarterly contract:

As you can see from the pic below, the owner has his wash and dry process pretty much perfected with very little in the way of defects visible in the sunlight:

Despite having very little defects the car was in for 3 days in order to get every single detail (lots of them on a car like this!) spruced up to have it ready for the summer :thumb:

As always, I started with the Pre-foam - however the previously applied coats of Vintage were obviously still going as strong as ever as the foam didn’t stick for more than about 5 seconds:

The car was then rinsed off:

Vintage beads still nice and tall

Onto the wheels:

Blackfire Wheel gel was applied...

...then worked in with the various brushes:

Then rinsed off:

The engine bay was then sprayed with R222:

Left to dwell for a minute or two:

It was then rinsed off at medium pressure @ 40 degrees.

All exterior trim/shuts/badges etc were also cleaned up with R222:

The car was then washed with the 2BM and Shampoo Plus:

After a rinse off I then put the car inside for claying. No Tardis was needed as the car had done very little mileage since I last did it so the paintwork was 99% contaminant free.

Megs Mild Clay was used:

Very little came off the paintwork whilst claying and to be honest I only really clayed in order to fully remove the previous wax layers.

Now dried off and ready for polishing, I took a quick few snaps to show the condition of the paintwork under the Sun Gun:

Not bad for solid red, although the newer Ferrari paint isn’t as soft as the older ones so it's a bit easier to look after

As there were little serious defects in the paint, I could mainly concentrate on getting as sharp a finish as possible and not worry about correction.

Meguiars 205 and a Menzerna Finishing Pad were products of choice:

I changed to Megs from my usual favourite 85RE as I had a bit more time on my side and the Megs needs to be worked longer than the Menzerna in order to gain the best finish possible:

It produces equally as good a finish as the Menz in my opinion but it will probably be the Menz that I will settle for most as it can be worked that bit quicker and I dont always have the luxury of not having to worry too much about time

There were a few random marks on top of the rear wings from mechanics working on the car during servicing so these were polished out with Menz PO203S then followed up with the Megs.

After a thorough Top Inspection wipe down to remove all polishing oils I then applied the LSP.

The LSP was a change from the normal Vintage - This time a new Gloss-It Sealant developed in conjunction with us was applied via the G220 and a Lake Country Finishing Pad. This is still being tweaked and we will shortly be looking for people to test the product further but so far it's performed well, with durability of just over 4 months with one coat on Rich's daily driver :thumb:

I then topped it with Gloss-It Concorso for that extra bit of Gloss, again applied with the G220:

The tailpipes were polished up with one of the "brilliant" metal polishes...

...as was the silencer - using a 4" polishing pad and the G220 then further protected with Blackfire Metal Sealant:

The interior was giving the full going over, with the Leather cleansed and fed using the Raceglaze twins:

A final wipe down of the paintwork was done with Gloss-It Gloss Enhancing QD and this was how the end result looked

mattk

27th Apr 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoyed the read and that and appriciate the work but I `d when I seen 2BM for 2 bucket method haha
will_ainsworth

27th Apr 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovely cars, heres one i took a pic of :O

would that all polish out lol
mattk

27th Apr 09 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ouch!
BluKoo

27th Apr 09 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I enjoyed the read and that and appriciate the work but I `d when I seen 2BM for 2 bucket method haha

Detail speak is the new txt spk

[Edited on 27-04-2009 by BluKoo]
fresh_creps

27th Apr 09 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always love these threads,bit of a detailing geek lol. Can there be good money in detailing?Or only if your a well known,well-respected company?
antnee

27th Apr 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shiney! The F430 is the only 'rarri I like out of the normal range (excluding the F40,50). Good to see the owner takes care in washing it himself too, kind of thing I would love to do, every sunday morning wash the old supercar eh!
BluKoo

28th Apr 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fresh_creps
Can there be good money in detailing?Or only if your a well known,well-respected company?

Well, i know Polished Bliss do very well, but they're a very well known, and very well respected company with about a 6 month waiting list. They also sell products too, so its hard to say how the average detailer does.

[Edited on 28-04-2009 by BluKoo]
DizzyRebel

28th Apr 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In short no there isnt good money in detailing. If you take into consideration something like that ferrari would take the best part of a 12 hour day to do and you would only get maybe £200-£250 for it, its not that much when you take into consideration the costs of materials, overheads etc. Plus you have to make a name for yourself and be very very good at what you do to stay open as there are detailing firms popping up left right and centre nowadays.

Detailing is best left to the professionals that are already established unless you have about 50k to throw at a fancy unit and the best products, as well as the skills to beat the competition.
*JonnyG*

28th Apr 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luke, i know my car is only a astra, but its swirl mark city, once am insured, reckon i could bring it 2 yours? after seeing your little ad on ukmr.
Daimo B

28th Apr 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shiney... Good shots.

Then he collects it, and halfway home it chucks it down wasting a days work and muchos cash...
BluKoo

28th Apr 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Shiney... Good shots.

Then he collects it, and halfway home it chucks it down wasting a days work and muchos cash...

Thats what a lot of people don't understand....

Once a car is cleaned to that level and protected with a good wax/sealant, its sooo easy to wash the car afterwards. If you've got a snow foam gun, then you don't even need to touch the car. Just spray, leave, rinse off and the car is perfect again.
DizzyRebel

28th Apr 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*
Luke, i know my car is only a astra, but its swirl mark city, once am insured, reckon i could bring it 2 yours? after seeing your little ad on ukmr.

I could give it a go, ive not really had much detailing business this year - done far more in the way of service, repair and tuning of bikes so a paint correction would be a nice break from waving spanners at bikes lol
Leighton

28th Apr 09 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a beast that, i am a fan of doing that sort of work.
nathy_87

28th Apr 09 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want your job BluKoo. very good that is.
Scotty_B

28th Apr 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

**faints**
Edd

28th Apr 09 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said before great job

BUT it didnt need done the beading was still superb more money than sense some folk
FAZ
Premium Member

28th Apr 09 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pure sex
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Apr 09 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo

That's his brother.
BluKoo

28th Apr 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo

That's his brother.

Yeah, sorry, i normally try and make that clear on these sort of posts, but i guess i forgot to mention that this time.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss - F430 F1 22 database queries in 0.0167630 seconds