corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay problem...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay problem...
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st May 09 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold a 2 channel amp on eBay recently, there was nothing wrong with the amp when I used it, the only reason I was selling it was because I didn't need it any more. The person received it fine and left me good feedback etc., but now today they have sent me this message:

quote:

hi.... the amp that you have sold me does not work properly!
i installed it in my new car & all that it does is play music through it but, there is significant feedback coming through the speakers... i tried new RCA leads & power, ground, remote leads too, with no change to the sound that the amp produced.
i would like to send this back to you as you stated that it works perfectly but, clearly, it does not... so, therfore, i would like my money back.
i notice that you said no returns on this item... is that because you knew there was something wrong with it?
anyhow, i will await your reply to this & if it is not satisfactory then, i will take further action.
many thanks

As she says, I stated in my auction that I don't accept refunds, I also stated that it worked properly. The amp was packaged in its original box and packaging as well.

Where do I stand here?
pow
Premium Member

1st May 09 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him to trry a better quality earth lead and a better earthing point (I've always used seatbelt mounting points). If no avail a ground loop isolator.
Sam
Premium Member

1st May 09 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is I've used the amp to power a 10" sub in two different cars since I've the amp (had the amp from brand new BTW) and I never had any problems with it.
pow
Premium Member

1st May 09 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him that then.

There are often problems with amps due to fitting or poor earthing etc etc.
chr15barn3s

1st May 09 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The power cable and RCA's have probably been run next to each other on the same side of the car.
Neo

1st May 09 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well they left you good feedback, and if it genuinly was working then who cares, she has obviously broken it, too much power, earthed it, shit speakers !
Sam
Premium Member

1st May 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My response:

quote:

Hi, as stated in the auction it is in excellent working condition. From what you have described, the cause of the problem is more than likely due to one or more of the following: 1. bad quality amp wiring kit 2. you have not got a good earth point 3. you have run the power and RCA leads next to each other rather than on opposite sides of the car. 4. bad earth/power connections. Also, if the interference you hear increases with the revs of the car's engine, then you may need to buy a ground loop isolator. I would suggest you seek the advice of a professional in car entertainment installer rather than accusing me of trying to sell you something dodgy. Regards, Sam.

Sam
Premium Member

1st May 09 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it sounds like she hasn't got a clue TBH.
Neo

1st May 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a good response. TBH I'd leave it at that, if she gets arsey and emails you a sarcastic response just ignore it. You have pretty much told her how to do an install there

I wonder if she is powering standard speakers from it or has a really shit head unit (£30 lidl jobbie or something)
Sam
Premium Member

1st May 09 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who knows... Looking at her past purchases, she also bought a 'Blitz Audio' sub and Kenwood amp, so I reckon she's fucked up the wiring somewhere.
Neo

1st May 09 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Who knows... Looking at her past purchases, she also bought a 'Blitz Audio' sub and Kenwood amp, so I reckon she's fucked up the wiring somewhere.

Ah when such a well known branded sub is used

pow
Premium Member

1st May 09 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That'll do nicely.
Anty
Premium Member

1st May 09 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update us when she replys !!
Sam
Premium Member

1st May 09 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do
ShEp

1st May 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same problem at the moment with an airflow meter.

It's only 100 miles old, and was tested on my car.

Now the chancer has it, he says it doesn;t work,
Sam
Premium Member

1st May 09 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just don't get why she is moaning about it AFTER leaving me positive feedback for it...
Ren

2nd May 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any reply?
Sam
Premium Member

3rd May 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing yet!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay problem... 22 database queries in 0.1913280 seconds