corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Coilovers for Corsa B's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK Coilovers for Corsa B's
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
1st May 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Opinions on them?

Looking for coilovers for our track car but don't wanna spend a lot as it's meant to be a budget fuck-around toy.

You can get these for about £200 new delivered... Any good or not?

If not, what would you suggest, and where is the cheapest place to get them?
lostboy
Banned

1st May 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to buy some but i bought a SPAX VSX kit instead (Supposedly the winner on the TUV competition in Germany) Wish i had bought FK coilovers now, And yes they are apparently good for the money.
Minty_Fresh

1st May 09 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just bought a set for mine..

there alrite to be honest, cant grumble for how much they cost, just have to use a few bits off the standard suspension, and make sure there well greased up (copper grease on the thread) as they sieze easily..
xa0s
Banned

1st May 09 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll be a track car so barely used anyway... and we'll grease 'em up properly if we get them. They sound good.
Minty_Fresh

1st May 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said im sure there good enough on a budget..

when i fitted them they wer banging/crashing over very minor bumps in the road and i thought they wer nakerd from how bad it was..

but you need to use the standard front bumpstops, and a rubber washer in the topmount, which i found out later on so had to take them back off and rebuild them, as they wer bottoming out..

fine now though
Adam_B

2nd May 09 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even on a cheap track car id be wanting to spend a bit more on suspension, you really do get what you pay for. I ran them for a while and they were pretty crap on the road and utter garbage on track, There just not upto the punishment. If you were just wanting them to lower your car loads and not really care about anything else then they are fine, but on track suspension is quite important, its the one place you should spend money rather than cost cutting. Get a white line rear anti roll bar as well if you havent already.
Graham88

2nd May 09 at 02:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam you do have a point, as much as I want the car done on a budget (due to running a car and bike aswell as this!) I think some things are worth spending out on, like you say.

What would you perhaps suggest?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Coilovers for Corsa B's 22 database queries in 0.0074542 seconds