corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Huddersfield Stadium Shares Article in Guardian

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Huddersfield Stadium Shares Article in Guardian
Danny P

User status: Offline
6th May 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if anyone remembers my thread a while ago about how our Chairman has screwed us over with regards to ownership of our stadium (I've had a look for the thread but cant find it) Well there is an article about it in todays Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2009/may/06/huddersfield-town

Not really a lot of detail in there, but it does highlight how he bought shares for £2, and then valued them at £15m within a few days once they were part of Davys new company.

Article also fails to mention we (HTFC) are now paying for a stand we no longer own, and make no money what so ever from food sales etc within the stadium on a match day. Also the part about there being "other viable offers" is wrong, as there was an offer on the table but it meant the Council losing out on there shares for the stadium, so they agreed to Davys bid.

Think it was Cosmo that was interested in it mostly, i'm at work now so any questions or owt i'll try my best to answer when I get home from work.

[Edited on 06-05-2009 by Danny P]
Richie B

6th May 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember you posting this. Very ropey :/

What's the HT fans' view on Lee Clark btw?
Danny P

6th May 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

99% of people have taken to him straight away. He talks a very good game and comes across as a decent bloke who wants to get on in management and do well for himself, and for the club. I personally had a few doubts about him after his first 10 or so games, but the little run we have put together towards the end of the season has changed my mind a little.

TBF people wont judge him until the start of next season as he'd been working with players that arn't his, and that I dont think he rates. Will be interesting to see how he fairs next season once he's had a full pre-season with "his" team. I expect play offs as a minimum next season, and so do most others so he's got a lot to live up to.
Richie B

6th May 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I think he's pretty driven on wanting to do well in management. He took the option to retire as a player and become a coach at Newcastle when I'm sure he still had a few years left playing elsewhere, so shows what was on his mind. He then left us to make the step up to assistant at Norwich. I'm sure (and hope) he'll do well.

I know I'm totally off topic again, so sorry. But have you seen anything of Lee Novak yet? Went to see him playing (and scoring) for Gateshead on Sunday and his record's good, albeit it's BSN
Danny P

6th May 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries mate.

Not seen anything of Novak as yet, we loaned him back to Gateshead for the season after we'd bought him. A few of our fans have been up to watch him though and have said he has looked good. Like you say, its only BSN but I think he's got around 30 goals which isn't bad at any level.

Depending on who we sign over the summer I think we might let him go back on a season long loan if they get promoted on Friday in the Play Offs, give him a bit more experience before throwing him in at the deep end. One for the furture I think (hope) though.
Richie B

6th May 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, he's top scorer in the league and liek you say that's not bad at any level. He's young so I'm sure with the step up in quality around him that he'll fair well.

Their final was meant to be on the telly on Friday but they pulled it at the last minute. Think there's highlights though so that'll be a chance to see how he does.
Danny P

6th May 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i'll keep an eye out.

Would have gone up to the final but i'm going to Wembley with York on the Saturday and going to stay with some mates up there on Friday so cant make it. A lot of our fans are meant to be going up though so i'll no doubt get a report from them as to how he gets on.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Huddersfield Stadium Shares Article in Guardian 23 database queries in 0.0124240 seconds