corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Car on finance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car on finance
supremefaulk

User status: Offline
10th May 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,
I was driving my car back from a holiday the other day, and its now pretty much dead!
Died doing 80 and its an internal noise! Had head gasket done about 2 months ago
Anyway, had to get towed about 200 miles to get home, and now ive had enough of the car! So looking at getting a diff one!

But I still owe money on my corsa (took loan out to buy) so would a finance company take that into consideration? (eg give me 1500 extra to pay off loan)
Cos my car is able to get this £2000 scrap thing!
Any help appreciated!
Kris
AndyKent

10th May 09 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your car wouldn't be taken on the £2000 as it isn't running would it?

Cars were supposed to be MOT-able I thought, which yours won't be.

As for finance, if you got a deal from a manufacturer on a brand new car, they would only loan you what the car is worth (minus a deposit which you would have to pay out of your own money).

If you got a personal loan, you would borrow as much as you like.

You realise the £2000 only counts towards brand new cars though?
supremefaulk

10th May 09 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate,
Yeah, I just had a nose at the exact offer now, and its slightly different to what ive heard! lol

So gonna forget that idea now! Gonna have to go and look at some slightly older cars and try and get me a bargain somewhere!
Insurance groups too, any cars that are surprisingly low? As the corsa is a group 6 I think, so anything around that should be fine!

Thanks for speedy reply though AndyKent!!
AndyKent

10th May 09 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem
swill_omnibus

10th May 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it fixed, know you want to. X16XE it

Sorry to hear about the trouble though fella
DizzyRebel

10th May 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car is only eligible for the scrappage scheme if you have owned it for 12 months and is over 10 years old.

As long as it meets those 2 criteria it will be eligible for the scrappage scheme. It only needs a valid mot and tax disc, theres nothing in the literature to say it has to be running so id assume as the car is scrapped anyway it wont matter if it runs or not.

You will get £1000 subsidised by the government and £1000 from a dealer but it has to be on a brand new car.

Your car isnt worth a toss not running though, and if your head gasket was done 2 months ago it will be covered under warranty for 6 months so take it back to the garage that did it and tell them it wants doing again as by law they have to.
supremefaulk

10th May 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, x16xe would be good, but starting to give up on the car now, getting bored and want a different one! lol

Thats what Ive heard Dizzy! Sounds good, except the fact it has to be off a brand new car! Will have a look around anyway!

And more info on that law that covers garage work for 6 months would be good!
Bit of ammo for when I go down there and kick off!
Cheers!
swill_omnibus

10th May 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it's deff the head gasket gone again?
DizzyRebel

10th May 09 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by supremefaulk
Haha, x16xe would be good, but starting to give up on the car now, getting bored and want a different one! lol

Thats what Ive heard Dizzy! Sounds good, except the fact it has to be off a brand new car! Will have a look around anyway!

And more info on that law that covers garage work for 6 months would be good!
Bit of ammo for when I go down there and kick off!
Cheers!

Its on brand new cars only, but if you dont want a brand new car you can always save and buy something in 6-7 months time as used car prices will plummet due to this scrappage scheme so there will be some absolute bargains after summer i guarantee it!

Well i used to work in several motorcycle garages and the etiquette is the same for any garage offering a repair service that they have to give a 6 month warranty on any repair work carried out by themselves. I dont have the exact literature to hand but if you speak to your local trading standards office they will advise you accordingly. I do know you need to give them a chance to repair it again first, but if they dont then you can take them to court for it. Ring trading standards but im certain they have to give 6 months warranty on repairs. Dont let them bullshit you saying its your fault it went again, either they fix or they go to court its their choice.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Car on finance 22 database queries in 0.0065331 seconds