corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MP Expenses

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MP Expenses
ed

User status: Offline
13th May 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This whole situation is driving me mad! The next time I hear an MP say "we haven't broken any rules, thus we haven't done anything wrong" god so help me. This just reinforces the view most have that politicians are a bunch of crooks with no morals. Just because they haven't broken a rule doesn't make what they've done is right. Fucking idiots.
Cosmo

13th May 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH though anyone else in their situation would do it. Its like suggesting if your employer offered you a certain incentive that you wouldnt make use of it - of course you would.

So I can see why they are saying they've done nothing wrong - the system should never of been allowed to be like that in the first place.
fir3vip3r

13th May 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but these people are supposed to be there representing "us".

i agree with ed the attitude of its within the rules shows how little they give a shit about the country or its people.

Ojc

13th May 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But they ought to be responsible in a position of power.

They are just a bunch of public school boys on a 75 year Jolly at the taxpayers expense.
Cosmo

13th May 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont disagree they took advantage of the situation - but I seriously doubt anyone on here would not do the same if they were in that situation.
fir3vip3r

13th May 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I dont disagree they took advantage of the situation - but I seriously doubt anyone on here would not do the same if they were in that situation.

of course everyone would, but were all jealous they get everything paid for them..

corrupt wankers
Ian
Site Administrator

13th May 09 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if you want it holding against you at a later date.

They must have known that some of those claims are a bit daft. I think to rely on it never making the news is naive. It looks bad and they should have known they when they did it.
Colin

13th May 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
TBH though anyone else in their situation would do it. Its like suggesting if your employer offered you a certain incentive that you wouldnt make use of it - of course you would.

Not 100% true imo these people are put in a position of trust & should live up to expectations!! I mean, ive got access to company expenses, if I make a claim outwith reasonable means be it adding more miles to a travel claim or going too all out on a hotel bill, bottom line - I risk getting fired. I dont see why mp's should be any different!! Surely anyone that thinks the public should be caughing up to tune a piano or clean a moat shouldnt be in charge of running our country!!

Also the way in which some of these idiots have been dodging the capital gains tax on 2nd properties some over & over again is just plain stupid - arnt mp's meant to lead by example!!?

[Edited on 13-05-2009 by Colin]
Matt H

13th May 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's annoying is that technically they haven't done anything wrong (in most cases). They are allowed to claim living allowances & the rules weren't strict enough, it's the people who enforce these rules that need sacking! But then again there are some seriously silly claims! Would be interesting to see how they claimed for them though

I've claimed things through work when travelling & it does occur to me that I buy stuff I maybe don't need. It's not breaking the rules, but it's maybe something I fancy rather than something I need. As someone has already said they are in positions of power & should be setting an example! If people make false benefit claims you can go to jail... pretty sure they spent a lot on advertising that!
Hammer

13th May 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BBC had a list of those that didn't claim for a penny earlier, couple of them were commuting into London every day and not claiming for anything.

Their must be some silly politicians if they didn't think in this day and age that their actions would eventually be transparent one way or another.
pow
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry, I wouldn't do it if I was in their position.

I'd claim for things that were OK, say travel expenses for business, but I expect to make my own way in life.

I'd feel too guilty!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ones moat needs cleaning
ed

14th May 09 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely that was a piss take?
Demo

14th May 09 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
ones moat needs cleaning

fucking
willay
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Surely that was a piss take?

Yeah, I think the person who got their fucking moat clean is some sort of millionaire too.

Its bullshit if you ask me, all of it, MP's buying houses with the tax payers money and then selling for a profit after a few years and pocketing the extra cash. Piss taking cunts.

MP's switching their secondary home around so they can spank the expenses for their other home, I can totally understand them needing some bits and having rent paid for but soon as they are benefiting from it in the form of large volumes of cash its fucking stupid!
willay
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 07:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also well done to David Cameron for beating poor old Gordon to the punch regarding what he was going to do about his fellow party members. Gordon and his team once again made themselfs look like a bunch of time wasting pricks.
Fro

14th May 09 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people dont realise that they're the ones that make the rules
Fro

14th May 09 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Also well done to David Cameron for beating poor old Gordon to the punch regarding what he was going to do about his fellow party members. Gordon and his team once again made themselfs look like a bunch of time wasting pricks.

thats the only reason Gordon is apologising etc imo. Doubt he would have otherwise!
Half Pint

14th May 09 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are all badgers and should be shot... with Tony Blair being first!

bin that bloody Euro shit and keep the money in this country then throw all the dirty fuckers off dover pier... they can swim home, those who don't make it should try harder!
Twiggy

14th May 09 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What they should do is build a massive block of flats/apartments in London and then every MP has there own gaff that the tax payer owns. All that would need to be claimed for is travel?

Yes big outlay but it will save shit loads in the long run!

Also giving jobs while its built!

[Edited on 14-05-2009 by Twiggy]
pow
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, they should have t commute to work like every other cunt that has a normal job.
willay
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
No, they should have t commute to work like every other cunt that has a normal job.

they do commute within reason, but when you have MP's in Devon who need to be in Westminster its not really going to happen is it? Even an MP based in Brighton would prepare to have a local crash bad in London as some of their meetings/votes happen very late in the day.
pow
Premium Member

14th May 09 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah of course I understand that, but they aren't being honest and claiming for a little flat to kip in in the week are they?

Middle of a massive money crisis and they are taking the royal piss.
mwg

14th May 09 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick them all in a shitty old tower block then demolish it.
richc

14th May 09 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Listening to the radio this morning, and some gezzer claim £16k for mortage payments, on a house that didnt exsist

I also love how in parliment a few weeks back they had a vote to cut everyones claims and payments....

...oddly enough, no one voted!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MP Expenses 22 database queries in 0.0116370 seconds