corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Using my LCD TV through my Laptop

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using my LCD TV through my Laptop
Nath

User status: Offline
17th May 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got my laptop hooked up to my 32" tv through HDMI. But the duplicated image doesn't fill the screen on the TV.

I've had a mess around with the settings of my graphics card, but I couldn't work out how to fill the LCD screen.

Any ideas?
mwg

17th May 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried looking at your laptop display settings? Right click on the desktop then personalize and you can play around with the display settings in there
Nath

17th May 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah tried that. Tried messing with the monitors by setting one of the displays as 1, and the other as 2. Can't quite seem to get it though.
John

17th May 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Multiple displays normally takes a lot of arsing about unless you know what you're doing, I still have to play about unless it's my own and I know exactly what to set things at.

If it's a duplicate of the laptop screen (normally called clone) it will be set to the resolution of the laptop screen which won't be the same as the tv.

If you choose another option, dual view, extend desktop or something like that, depending on drivers etc, you should be able to pick a seperate resolution for the TV, ie 1366x768 (if it's a 720p tv) although the closest you will get on a laptop might be 1360x720 or 768.
16vKarlos

17th May 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its done by TV remote.

are you talking about filling the TV screen with whats on the Laptop?

if so its done by the remote should be the Source button

Karlos
Nath

17th May 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the idea was to watch films from my laptop on the TV.

But, since then I've done the Media Server thing through my PS3. I forgot all about that feature earlier when I was pissing around with the HDMI cable and shiz.

[Edited on 17-05-2009 by Nath]
mwg

18th May 09 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I did was plug it in via the HDMI cable then set the resolution for the TV and haven't had to touch it since cos it seems to remember the settings.
Nath

18th May 09 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My TV and Laptop are at other ends of the room, so at least with the Media Server I don't have to worry about moving it about. I can still use my laptop whilst watching films now too.
eddiewhiteley

19th May 09 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it took me ages to get the settings ok with mine, kept trying all different things, now i just plug the hdmi cable in and it just comes on right, fuck knows how i managed that though

New Poll