corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » selling tickets on ebay?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author selling tickets on ebay?
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
24th May 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does everyone think about this?

re-selling tickets on ebay i meen, well more so the fact people buy lots of tickets for popular events with the soul intension of re-selling them for profit.

i meen, leeds tickets sold out in what about an hour if not less, yet thousands of tickets then appeared on ebay in the space of two hours.

i have been trying to get my friend a ticket for a festival next month the face value is only £175 but theres a ton of tickets with buy it nows starting from £450 i really think ebay should just stop people selling tickets for over face value, it would meen the genuine fans would stop getting butt fucked.

whats every one else's views on the matter?
ed

24th May 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We live in a capitalist society. Deal with it.
ssj_kakarot

24th May 09 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
We live in a capitalist society. Deal with it.

ah ha dont see what that has to do with it, if ebay banned the selling of tickets over face value we would still be operating in a capatalist society, but yeah constructive

[Edited on 24-05-2009 by ssj_kakarot]
ed

24th May 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, that's what it is. People see an opportunity to make some fast cash so they take it. It's also in Ebays interests to allow people to sell things at higher prices because their fees are based on percentages of final prices. Capitalism.
Baz-Zico

24th May 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try www.scarletmist.com , people on there only charge face value and just want there money back
ssj_kakarot

24th May 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Well, that's what it is. People see an opportunity to make some fast cash so they take it. It's also in Ebays interests to allow people to sell things at higher prices because their fees are based on percentages of final prices. Capitalism.

you do relize i know all of this, its pretty obvious why people do it and its also obvious why ebay allow it.

i was asking if people thought it was fair that some people buy a lot of tickets for the sole purpose to sell on, thus depriving real fans the chance to actually see the gigs for there face value.

ssj_kakarot

24th May 09 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheScotsman
Try www.scarletmist.com , people on there only charge face value and just want there money back

i cheers mate already know about that nice site
Jay

24th May 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just eBay stopping it wouldnt help at all, I sold two tickets for Liverpool V Barca for £1000 to a tout, who was obviously going to sell them on for more again. I paid £34 each. He had nothing to do with eBay, so ebay banning it wouldnt change a thing.
ssj_kakarot

24th May 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
Just eBay stopping it wouldnt help at all, I sold two tickets for Liverpool V Barca for £1000 to a tout, who was obviously going to sell them on for more again. I paid £34 each. He had nothing to do with eBay, so ebay banning it wouldnt change a thing.

beg to differ, look at a popular gig and see how many tickets are on ebay at the min, then tell me banning them on ebay wouldnt change a thing, how many people do you think just wouldnt bother if they didnt have the ease of ebay?

this issue and ebay especially has actually been discussed in parliment, so it obviously would have quite a big impact.
Jay

24th May 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay is just a convenient place to sell them though, if it was stopped theres still shit loads of places to sell them, its been going on for years, and alot longer than ebay has, its just now that ebay is so big that its an easy target. Ok it may make some difference, but I dont think it would make a dent in the business of it.
Jay

24th May 09 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also its a can of worms, you would have to cap spending on everything then, like rare coins, face value may be 20p but they where selling for £100+

I cant see it ever happening to be honest.
Nath

24th May 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If people keep paying silly money then it won't stop whatever Ebay does. They'll find another way to do it. If people stopped buying them at outrageous prices that'd help.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » selling tickets on ebay? 22 database queries in 0.0222418 seconds