corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » championship next season

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author championship next season
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
25th May 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, im a newcastle fan. and sadly, very sadly slowly coming to terms with the idea of blackpool away on a frosty january tuesday night etc.

who else is a championship team supporter? so atleast ive got some lower league friends to discuss the season with instead of the glory supporters.

hi, im nic, im a newcastle fan, ive been premier league sober for 20 hours.
fiestakidda

25th May 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now Nic,

i support a championship team also. Semi local rivals Middlesbrough. Although i came to terms with relegation around a month ago it's still hard.

Looking forward for the new season in a strange way
Tommy L

25th May 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Nic, i'm Tom. I'm a newcastle fan too.
Nic Barnes

25th May 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its going to be interesting for sure. im looking forward to it but for a different reason. im more interested in what is going to happen at newcastle over the summer.

shame to see boro going down. they are not like sunderland and i respect the chairman for the faith he puts in southgate. same as newcastle, players let the team and the fans down.

its going to be a tough season for sure. as a proper fan i will follow the toon no matter what. i dont normally post much up in here as ive found if you dont support man u or liverpool your a nobody in the world of football and your opinions matter not a lot. the same cant be said for championship fans. true football fans are those in the lower leagues. or those that have supported their team through the good and the bad. im proud to be a newcastle fan, not happy to be in the championship, but hoping to have some good battling football matches.

toon mid table would be alright by my book.
Tommy L

25th May 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully there is going to be a whole team overhaul over the summer, getting rid of the shit and the ones that don't want to be there.

Next season isn't going to be easy and I don't think we will get promotion either.If we get a good mid table finish, I'll be happy with that.
fiestakidda

25th May 09 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too be pefectly honest i think it would be best fpr both clubs to get rid of the dead wood over the summer. Buy squads which wll compete in the league but not go up.

Then build on the good from the season before and spend well over the summer and push the season after.

I really don't want middlesbrough to go back up next year as we need a season of stability and building the team properly
Hammer

25th May 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i dont normally post much up in here as ive found if you dont support man u or liverpool your a nobody in the world of football and your opinions matter not a lot. the same cant be said for championship fans. true football fans are those in the lower leagues. or those that have supported their team through the good and the bad. im proud to be a newcastle fan, not happy to be in the championship, but hoping to have some good battling football matches.

You're not happy unless you're playing the victim are you Nic?

I don't support Liverpool or United and I enjoy the banter in here, in fact the majority don't support United or Liverpool.
Nic Barnes

25th May 09 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, work on the squads so there is more of a future in the team than just get in loads of 30 year old ex premier league players just to win promotion again. then suffer the season after etc etc etc.

who do you think will leave boro?
Nic Barnes

25th May 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
i dont normally post much up in here as ive found if you dont support man u or liverpool your a nobody in the world of football and your opinions matter not a lot. the same cant be said for championship fans. true football fans are those in the lower leagues. or those that have supported their team through the good and the bad. im proud to be a newcastle fan, not happy to be in the championship, but hoping to have some good battling football matches.

You're not happy unless you're playing the victim are you Nic?

I don't support Liverpool or United and I enjoy the banter in here, in fact the majority don't support United or Liverpool.

no i didnt mean so much on here. i meant the people i know. when a football discussion starts, its best not to mention i support newcastle, and just sit and listen to them whine on about man u and liverpool.
Hammer

25th May 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right

I get that supporting a club that plays in a tin pot league regularly, not to worry.
JonnyJ

25th May 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be worse, you could support York like me

Can't wait for Hayes & Yeading away.....
fiestakidda

25th May 09 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leaving Boro will be:

Downing
Alves
Tuncay
Johnson
Bates
McMahon
Huth
Aliadiere
O'Neil
Arca
Shawky
Turnbull
and probably more than this as well.

Would like to see them buy:

Jason Scotland
Ferrie Bodde
Hahnemann
Gibson (man u on loan)
and then i don't know but there will be a few brought in

What are ur views on newcastle?
Tommy L

25th May 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Hope Taylor stays, but can't see him leaving.
Matt H

25th May 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a Donny fan

Last time we played we beat you 1-0
Cavey

25th May 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope Adam Johnson moves to somewhere where he might actually get a game, he's seems to be a skillful lad, deserves a chance imo.
Ojc

25th May 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Us, and we will fucking murder you, then after that Keane will fucking murder Shearer.
Matt H

25th May 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O'Driscoll is harder than your dad
taylorboosh

25th May 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

shame to see boro going down. they are not like sunderland and i respect the chairman for the faith he puts in southgate.
true football fans are those in the lower leagues. or those that have supported their team through the good and the bad.

lol these two bits crack me up coming from a newcastle fan:
what is wrong with nial quinn? a man who gave thousands to charity and does a lot of work in the community. does he not deserve respect?
and true football fans like the sunderland fans who have had to put up with being shit for years? man up get used to it
Nic Barnes

25th May 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Us, and we will fucking murder you, then after that Keane will fucking murder Shearer.

stay out this thread with your bullshit. your not welcome bullshitter.
J da Silva

25th May 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a lower leagues fanatic but I support Corinthians, we've had our ups and our downs, we went from being the best team in South America 2005 to being relegated to the second tier of Brazilian football in 07, bounced straight back up in 08 though and won the Sao Paolo state championship early this year.

Maybe the best thing for us was being relegated, having a clearout of the rubbish that previous managers signed, and allowing Mano Menezes time to rebuild, which he has and has signed Ronaldo (revived his career), Douglas and Elias, the 3 best players of our team, so things are looking good for us at the mo and I'm looking forward to the Brasiliero 2009, which we have took 4 points from the first 3 games so far with a draw against Fluminense, a loss against Internacional and we beat Barueri Saturday night.
Nath

25th May 09 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Can't wait for Hayes & Yeading away.....

Me neither

Woop!
Rick Draper

26th May 09 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really expected Newcastle to scrape it on the final day and stay in the premier league. No matter what anyone says they are a big club, its just they have been in decline since Robson was sacked. Still it now gives them the chance to get rid of some of the dead wood thats been rotting there for years.
Tommy L

26th May 09 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wages claims!
THESE are the players draining the resources at relegated Newcastle.

XISCO

SIGNED by Dennis Wise for £5.8million last August, Xisco has scored one goal in just three Toon appearances.

CONTRACT: Three years left - £50,000 a week, £2.6m a year.

COST PER GAME: £866,666.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VIDUKA

JUST 25 starts in two years, only six this season - and no goals - for Aussie striker Mark Viduka. At least he arrived on a free from Boro.

CONTRACT: Expired - £80,000 a week, £4.16m a year.

COST PER GAME: £346,000.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GEREMI

THE former Chelsea midfielder is 31 and his legs went years ago. A £7m buy in 2007 but just 11 starts this term.

CONTRACT: One year left - £60,000 a week, £3.12m a year.

COST PER GAME: £208,000.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

DUFF

WINGER Damien Duff is not the player he was when Toon paid Chelsea £5m three years ago. Just three goals in 29 games this term.

CONTRACT: Two years left - £70,000 a week, £3.64m a year.

COST PER GAME: £125,517.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? Yes.

ENRIQUE

NEVER worth the £6.3m Sam Allardyce paid Villarreal in 2007, defender Jose Enrique helped get six clean sheets in his 22 starts.

CONTRACT: Three years left - £50,000 a week, £2.6m a year.

COST PER GAME: £118,181.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

SMITH

ALAN SMITH cost £6m. Has now taken two clubs down - Toon and Leeds. No goals in 43 games. Just six apps this season through injury.

CONTRACT: Two years left - £60,000 a week, £3.12m a year.

COST PER GAME: £520,000.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

COLOCCINI

ARGIE defender Fabricio Coloccini cost a whopping £10.3m but has proved a liability. Just eight clean sheets from 34 games for Toon.

CONTRACT: Three years left - £70,000 a week, £3.64m a year.

COST PER GAME: £107,058.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

CACAPA

CLAUDIO CACAPA arrived on a free in 2007 but never settled. The defender, 32, made six apps this term. Last played in December.

CONTRACT: Expired - £50,000 a week, £2.6m a year.

COST PER GAME: £433,000.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

GUTIERREZ

WINGER Jonas Gutierrez was brought in to add creativity - but did not manage to score a goal and contributed just one assist in 30 games.

CONTRACT: Four years left - £60,000 a week, £3.12m a year.

COST PER GAME: £104,000.

VALUE FOR MONEY No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

BARTON

JOEY BARTON spent much of his two years injured - and some of the time in prison - after a £5.8m move. Just nine apps this season, scoring one goal.

CONTRACT: Three years left - £65,000 a week, £3.38m a year.

COST PER GAME: £375,000.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

OWEN

MICHAEL OWEN cost £16m but has suffered three injury-ravaged years at Toon. Scored just one goal since January. Made 27 apps this season.

CONTRACT: Expired - £115,000 a week, £5.98m a year.

COST PER GAME: £221,481.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

MARTINS

NIGERIAN striker cost a cool £10m three years ago. But Oba Martins is too wasteful and has bagged just two goals for Newcastle since the turn of the year.

CONTRACT: Two years left - £80,000 a week, £4.16m a year.

COST PER GAME: £173,333.

VALUE FOR MONEY? No.

APPEAR TO CARE? No.

BEYE

SENEGAL full-back Habib Beye cost £2m from Marseille in 2007 but has been badly hit by injury, making just 22 appearances this term.

CONTRACT: One year left - £50,000 a week, £2.6m a year.

COST PER GAME: £118,181.

VALUE FOR MONEY? Yes.

APPEAR TO CARE? Yes.

BUTT

FORMER England and Man Utd midfielder Nicky Butt always gives his all and rarely lets the side down - like some others. No goals in 33 starts this season, though.

CONTRACT: Expired - £50,000 a week, £2.6m a year.

COST PER GAME: £78,787.

VALUE FOR MONEY? Yes.

APPEAR TO CARE? Yes

Quite shocking tbh.
Nath

26th May 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad times.
Hammer

26th May 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If those wage figures are correct, Newcastle have been GROSSLY mis-managed.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » championship next season 23 database queries in 0.0141399 seconds