corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting Cig Lighter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting Cig Lighter
Root

User status: Offline
   25th May 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to fit an aftermarket cig lighter to a '96 corsa B. It's a 1.2 8v Vegas second edition version.

At the back of my CD player is a wire which is split that leads straight to the battery...I could possibily use this to connect my live wire to, but the real question is, where can I earth the other wire? The earth wire is about 5cm long and I don't see anywhere I could do it behind there.

Any help would be great, cheers
grez12

25th May 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just extend the earth wire matey then make sure you put an inline fuse on the positive to save any misshaps or fires lol

its easy peasy
Root

26th May 09 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll pop over to yours later if you want and you can look at it? lol

what it is, there's a wire that runs from the battery...it goes to a inline fuse, then to the CD player...also from this inline fuse is a wire that's not connected to anything. So I could use that and it'd be safe using that fuse?

[Edited on 26-05-2009 by Root]
Fonz
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are behind your stereo you should be able to see the original loom

two black and one brown wire is what you are looking for (the black wires are split from one)

New Poll