corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Help regarding waiting time of repair of a mobile phone

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help regarding waiting time of repair of a mobile phone
ali_corsa

User status: Offline
26th May 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically on 30th March i went to the mobile phone shop i purchased my mobile phone from to be sent away for repair. On return of the phone i was told this could take 31 days to be repaired. I thought it was a bit much but one of them things.

4 weeks into the mobile phone being repaired i phoned them up just to chase them up and the phone had returned that day, but was un repaired. I had to wait a futher 2 days to wait to see why it was sent back un repaired. Phoned back 2 days later, and knowone seemed to knew why so it was sent back off again, at this time i wasnt offered a repair phone or when i asked for a time they wouldnt say all i had was it wont be as long..

Last monday i gave them another ring as i hadnt heard anything, the phone had been returned yet again un repaired, as by this time i was getting annouyed with the situation but still remained calm on the phone, the chap who i spoke to this time didnt know anything about why it hadnt been repaired this time but it would be sent back off again. yet again no repair phone or time scale was given again

Ive had to go and purchase another phone to use in this time as i was borrowing one for a couple of weeks. I need some advice as what to do next. Ive sent the company an email stating if its not returned by thursday i will be taking matters futher as its gone on for two months by this saturday and its gone past a joke. Is there any way i can recieve some compensation for the dely in my phone or a replacement phone of my choice?

any advice would be great thanks.
Whittie

26th May 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should of sent it to Munchie.
BarnshaW

26th May 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what manufacturer? i work for LG so i know about these situations
ali_corsa

26th May 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sony ericsson, it still had 12 month manufacter warrenty on it ive only had the hand set for 6 months
BarnshaW

26th May 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually they will send phones back with a job sheet advising what parts have been changed etc, if the repair goes over 28 days then that would be seen as "unreasonable time" so i would then request either a replacement (i suggest replacement as they will not refund you out of a contract)
Whittie

26th May 09 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet its the c905? Mines being repaired twice already and its broken again now. Pile of wank.
ali_corsa

26th May 09 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers thanks barnshaW, im giving them a call on thursday about 4pm to check if the phone has returned, then im going down to the shop if its not returned, like i say ive kept calm so far as theres no point mouthing off about things but there is a limit and a time scale to which is reasonable and unreasonable
ali_corsa

26th May 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Bet its the c905? Mines being repaired twice already and its broken again now. Pile of wank.

not far off c902 forgot what it looks like, got use to the lg viewity now
Tommy L

26th May 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sent my Samsung back direct to them myself. Rang them up, they sent a jiffy bag. Popped it in and received it back on the Tuesday and I had it back by Thursday.

I wouldn't leave it with some monkey in a phone shop personally.
ali_corsa

26th May 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had no choice, our internet was disconnected as we changed company and i had no phone to actually call sony them selves
daymoon
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/mobiles/
ali_corsa

26th May 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/mobiles/ [/quote

thats spot on daymoon, just what im looking for
Ben G

26th May 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got my c905 back today. took 21 days from sendding away to returning back.

they told me the insides of the phone were all new but thy obviously didn't realise they've given me a whole new phone by the looks of things

you shouldn't be waiting 2 months for a repair. give trading standards a call as you should've got a replacement phone if they cant fix it (unless it's a problem caused by you dropping it).
ali_corsa

26th May 09 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah problem was on the net on the phone then went off it battery was on 30% so i put it on charge on my bed then come back up 5 minz later as it was going off say low battery swaped chargers over still nothing battery went dead, then kept saying please insert sony ericsson battery and there was one already in there swaped with a lad at works battery still did the same and wouldnt charge, so its a software issue as i did a software update on that day as well
Munchie

27th May 09 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ali_corsa

2nd Jun 09 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After speaking to consumer direct and them advising me to extend the deadline for my phone to be return by tomorow, come home today the handset was sent to me, Sony Ericsson was unable to fix it so they replaced everythign bar the covers
Rob E

2nd Jun 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats gone wrong with it? I repaired my C902 myself when the speaker went. I paid £20 for the speaker and it took about 10 mins to fix. This is my 2nd one as I dropped my first one down the toilet when pissed
ali_corsa

3rd Jun 09 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm battery suddenly drained put it on charge, didnt charge up swaped chargers over didi nothing battery went dead in matter of seconds, got to work borrowed another lads battery didnt work just kept saying please insert s.e. battery and there was one in there
l15ter

3rd Jun 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carephone warehouse by any chance?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Help regarding waiting time of repair of a mobile phone 22 database queries in 0.0129569 seconds