corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » any wonder car sales are down

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any wonder car sales are down
andyc1234

User status: Offline
30th May 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been looking at a new astra with my dad not spanking new 2 years old. Got arsey with us wouldnt budge a penny on the price and we had to pay extra to tax the bloody thing and had to commit to buying it and leave a deposit before we could have a test drive. All gone arse about face if you ask me
oceansoul

30th May 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to car craft with my mum last weekend. They want 100£ deposit, just to get the car outta there compound. then non refundable 90£ to take for a test drive. All over priced there anyways.
andyc1234

30th May 09 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arnold clarke this was. if its this much hassle to try a car you think you might like then i understand why no ones bothering. who the hells going to commit to buying a car without even seeing what it drives like
Graham88

30th May 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I test drove a car the other day no problem, was a small time dealers though, the best ones to buy from IMO
andyc1234

30th May 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep thats where were off to next
Hammer

30th May 09 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the global recession might be hitting it worse than 1 salesman with a bad attitude
andyc1234

30th May 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my point is if all the big car places are making people buy a car before they can try it its bloody stupid
daymoon
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm i never heard that you have to leave a deposit to test drive car..

never had to do that...

also:

arnold clarck cloking cars:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=119226
John

30th May 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not reading 24 pages but does that say arnold clark clocked it or was it just clocked at some point and sold by arnold clark.

Also, it's easy to spot a 100k mile car compared to a 50k mile one.
AndyKent

30th May 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the dealer won't offer any deals and you think the car is too expensive, walk away and go elsewhere - if they don't want the business they'll soon change.

When I bought my Golf the salesman said you can only test drive if you are serious about buying. I just laughed and said theres not a hope in hell of me buying anything if I don't drive it
Daveskater
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good answer andy A bike dealership near me always wanted £100 deposit before they'd let you try it. They were all overpriced as well, suprisingly they went out of business haha.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Colin

30th May 09 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to sit down & agree terms on my M3 before the guy would let me drive it, then again I did turn up wearing trackies & a ripped hoodie en-route home from work

I think if any deposit was asked however id have be the bigger man here & waaaaalk away
Matt L

30th May 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
hmm i never heard that you have to leave a deposit to test drive car..

never had to do that...

also:

arnold clarck cloking cars:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=119226

Iv heard some dodgy stories about arnold clarke.

someone my mum knows bought a corsa c from there, bought it back without a spare key 'as it didnt have one ' yet a week later some bloke turns up in a van gets out (van goes off) and the bloke just walks up to the car unlocks it and drives it off (all on cctv) and from what i was told it was done instantly so not like he broke the lock and hotwired it (or if he did he was good ).

dont know how this turned out though.
Kurt

30th May 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's retarded, we always let customers take test drives, so much so I've even been drafted in from parts to do a few
liamC

30th May 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car sales are down 40% here.

Banks want 10% deposit for anyone working for a government company buying a new motor, and 40% deposit for anyone else. Mental.

Plenty of bargains out there at the minute if people have the brass, however

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by liamC]
Bonney

30th May 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think that is whats happening everywhere at the minute, well at the main dealers anyway.

Went to view a bike last week, Was the one i wanted so was looking around it very carefully. Noticed a few marks on it but they didn't bother me.
Got him down to a good price so then asked what the repayments where on finance and if i could test ride it.

Before he even gave me the price on finance, he then started to add on extras which where

£90 admin fees
£49 road tax
Then £200 for a alarm (That i didnt even want)

This then took it well over the price which i got him down to and near enough the price on the bike!

Then i asked him for a test ride which he tried talking his way around giving me one, he then said "What do you need to know about the bike then"

At this point i walked straight out the door and am not going to go back there again.

Ian
Site Administrator

30th May 09 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That guy posted on the internet before he even went there to take it up with them.

There's no evidence to suggest that Arnold Clark were involved or aware or the clocking and to my knowledge they have made efforts to rectify in accordance with their legal obligation.

If Arnold Clark want to sue you for that bit of libel I'll fully support them.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th May 09 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And having read the thread again you will see that the guy is actually happy with the outcome.

And still I get posts that will get CS in to trouble. Nice one.
andyc1234

30th May 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if theres a problem ian just delete this thread im not too bothered
Bonney

30th May 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its just the link to the mileage correction thats the problem.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates a Volvo salesman, he's never been so busy he says, alot of wealthy retired dog walkers up here that love to buy Volvos.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th May 09 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was referring to daymoons post Andy.
glasgow_corsa_c

30th May 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
arnold clarke this was. if its this much hassle to try a car you think you might like then i understand why no ones bothering. who the hells going to commit to buying a car without even seeing what it drives like

another thing clarks do is when they value ur car at 1 dealer they stick it on the system.

so that if u go to another clark dealer an try to better the offer, they wont do anyhing.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » any wonder car sales are down 23 database queries in 0.3092360 seconds