corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BTCC - Oulton Park - Sunday 31st May

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BTCC - Oulton Park - Sunday 31st May
chrex

User status: Offline
31st May 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i was at Oulton today for the British Touring Car Championship Rounds 12, 13 and 14. Absolute belter weather wise and that means everyone was able to push hard and the times were some of the quickest recorded on the circuit in the BTCC ever.

Colin Turkington won the 1st two races, and then James Thompson held from pole in the 3rd race to win.

Support races were entertaining, and there was a big accident in the Ginetta G50's that involved someone getting cut out of the car (driver was ok though).

Made full use of the VX Drivers lounge, as always. Also made me realise that the VXR's are now sooo common! Every bugger has one. The queue to get to the car park when i was walking about was Astra, Astra, Corsa, Astra, Corsa, Civic, Rover, Astra, Corsa, Corsa (all vaux cars are VXR's here btw), Clio, Civic, Astra...etc. I was astounded. anyhow....

Here's some photos of the day anyways. Have got a load more but need to downsize them first.

New Team Aon Focus, noisy buggers, but they struggled the whole day with understeer. The front suspension didnt look setup correctly to me, and the cars looked a real handful through the 1st corner. Lots of work to be done tbh.

Then onto the Porsche Carrera Cup:

Skyline R32 parked up

And the Ginetta G50's awaiting the restart to their race that never came after the nasty accident i mentioned earlier. Car spun, stalled in middle of track and another car went into the side of him at the top of Cascades (doing about 80mph). Was a mess!

Yea...so was a crackin day! Dont know if anyone else went...add photos if you did! I will get more on ASAP.

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by chrex]
SeanXE

31st May 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

31st June?
SR91

31st May 09 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

31st may buddie, went last year

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by SR-91]
chrex

31st May 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good call, thanks! am knackered...so i can make mistakes
SeanXE

31st May 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
good call, thanks! am knackered...so i can make mistakes

Jakey
Premium Member

31st May 09 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to the qualifying yesterday, was awesome!

Plato and Vaulkhard(sp) seemed to have a lot of trouble on the forst corner, both nearly spun out a couple of times. The focus' are so noisy, sound nice on downshift though!
Ben J

1st Jun 09 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
Well i was at Oulton today for the British Touring Car Championship Rounds 12, 13 and 14. Absolute belter weather wise and that means everyone was able to push hard and the times were some of the quickest recorded on the circuit in the BTCC ever.

Colin Turkington won the 1st two races, and then James Thompson held from pole in the 3rd race to win.

Support races were entertaining, and there was a big accident in the Ginetta G50's that involved someone getting cut out of the car (driver was ok though).

Made full use of the VX Drivers lounge, as always. Also made me realise that the VXR's are now sooo common! Every bugger has one. The queue to get to the car park when i was walking about was Astra, Astra, Corsa, Astra, Corsa, Civic, Rover, Astra, Corsa, Corsa (all vaux cars are VXR's here btw), Clio, Civic, Astra...etc. I was astounded. anyhow....

Yea...so was a crackin day! Dont know if anyone else went...add photos if you did! I will get more on ASAP.

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by chrex]

I think you must have seen our VXRonline convoy arriving. There were about 40 VXR's, mostly astras that met up in Middlewich and connvoyed to Oulton together. The odd "non VXR" crept into the line up on route due to traffic lights etc. We were all parked in a special VXR owners section at the Fogerty Moss centre near Cascades. In total about 60 cars.

[Edited on 01-06-2009 by Ben J]
Jonny P

1st Jun 09 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was there aswell! i've got plenty of pics so i'll put some some up later too
random dav
Premium Member

1st Jun 09 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went, was a quality weekend and no sunburn

WRLFC !

Project cars
ScubaSteve

1st Jun 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made the road trip down for this with a few mates, watched the qualifying on Saturday afternoon stayed at a campsite near the track and went back Sunday morning - awesome weather - awesome cars - awesome racing!

Met Jason Plato smoking a fag in Paddock on Saturday evening, good guy.

Hairy moment for the Ginettas where there was a hefty smash on the first corner. Guy was cut out but seemed okay. The new focus' made an almighty racket too.

Spotted a couple of members cars too, V888 BEN in the VXR stand at cascades

Also at the pub we went to on Saturday night there was a red corsa b with 'Corsasport.co.uk' sticker in the back window, anyone? I have a pic i'll upload later S**7 GMA

Got me an awesome suntan too. Ace day.
Ben J

1st Jun 09 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ScubaSteve
Made the road trip down for this with a few mates, watched the qualifying on Saturday afternoon stayed at a campsite near the track and went back Sunday morning - awesome weather - awesome cars - awesome racing!

Met Jason Plato smoking a fag in Paddock on Saturday evening, good guy.

Hairy moment for the Ginettas where there was a hefty smash on the first corner. Guy was cut out but seemed okay. The new focus' made an almighty racket too.

Spotted a couple of members cars too, V888 BEN in the VXR stand at cascades

Also at the pub we went to on Saturday night there was a red corsa b with 'Corsasport.co.uk' sticker in the back window, anyone? I have a pic i'll upload later S**7 GMA

Got me an awesome suntan too. Ace day.

woohoo...I've been spotted!!! It was a great day! Bloody hot tho.

[Edited on 01-06-2009 by Ben J]
DJMartin07

1st Jun 09 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish I was there, but watched it on TV. What you guys think of the Clio Cup and Ginetta Juniors crashes after the Ginetta G50, couldn't believe three red flags in a row. Just glad no one was hurt.

Will be at the Renault World Series at Silverstone this year, and should hopefully be going to the BTCC at Rockingham in September.

[Edited on 01-06-2009 by DJMartin07]
chrex

2nd Jun 09 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea im hoping to get up to knockhill in august to go see this up there. Always wanted to go there, one of my fave circuits

didnt realise the red-flagged the juniors. I knew someone went off at lodge, but other than that i thought they saw out the chequered flag...

[Edited on 02-06-2009 by chrex]
Pete_vxl

2nd Jun 09 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to knockhill see you there.
chrex

3rd Jun 09 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right...fair dos!

yea may well!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BTCC - Oulton Park - Sunday 31st May 23 database queries in 0.0146711 seconds