corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newbie - My 1st Car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newbie - My 1st Car
Stokie84

User status: Offline
7th Jun 09 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi im new to the site joined a couple off days ago my names Mark and i drive a Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 16v Sport - Paid £600 (BARGAIN)

Best thing about my corsa is its only had 1 lady owner from new, so never been thrashed, (must be the only corsa that aint) full service history and it had only done 29,000miles, had it 7months now and its currently on 41,000miles, in the 12,000miles ive done in it, its never let me down, only thing ive done since owning it are 2 new oil changes and oil filter and had the cambelt and waterpump done just to be safe! like ive said only paid £600 for it i could easily sell this on for £800-£1000 so ive been told by vauxhall and many other garages when i had it valued (by vauxhall)

Mods ive done -

1 - 15" Astra Sport Alloys

2 - 5x3 Sportex Backbox

3 - Painted The Calipers & Drums Red

Future mods -

1 - Tint Rear Lights

2 - Tint Rear Windows

3 - Smoked Side Repeters

Pictures ff my car -

This picture shows what the car looked like when i bought it (obviosly i had clayed and waxed it) Also shows the true colour of the car when the suns on it

[Edited on 07-06-2009 by Stokie84]
liamgallagher1994

7th Jun 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to Corsasport
am4nf

7th Jun 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weclome you need some lower profile tyres
cunningham

7th Jun 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice car like many i love the colour very rare. Lower profile tyres lowerd 60mm and a set of mudflaps would finish it off imo
Stokie84

7th Jun 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

Nah staying as they are as im not looking to lower it, as theres going to be a new born in the car soon so dont want a stiffer ride, Maybe in the future??
Stokie84

7th Jun 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
nice car like many i love the colour very rare. Lower profile tyres lowerd 60mm and a set of mudflaps would finish it off imo

Cheers, yeah the colour is very nice and also VERY RARE! there was a set off GM mud flaps on it when i bought it and took them off as the rear ones were catching the tyres when i put the alloys on, also like i said im not looking to lower it or put lower profile tyres on as i dont want stiff suspension as theres going to be a new born in the car soon!
Mark.W

7th Jun 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That colour is stunning and is quite rare too :good little purchase mate

keep the mods simple and then your onto a winner
Cypriot_Sri_Geeza

7th Jun 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice little buy there mate..i got mine for £500 with 75,000 miles on the clock!

enjoy it mate..

[Edited on 07-06-2009 by Cypriot_Sri_Geeza]
am4nf

7th Jun 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stokie84
quote:

Nah staying as they are as im not looking to lower it, as theres going to be a new born in the car soon so dont want a stiffer ride, Maybe in the future??

lower profiles wont effect the ride mate, plus the tyres are why the mud flaps were cacthing, also 29k bargain
am4nf

7th Jun 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im confused now, when i seen the first pictures i thought looks a tad like aurora purple but nah its polar sea blue, but now you have uploaded the picture of when you got it (looking very clean btw) im thinking its got to be aurora purple

btw dont tint the lights it looks jobby, buy mhw's

[Edited on 07-06-2009 by am4nf]
Ste L

7th Jun 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lower profiles wont effect the ride mate, plus the tyres are why the mud flaps were cacthing, also 29k bargain

i think you will find they do, as the side wall's are stiffer, so make the ride a tad more harsh, not that noticable but it does affect it...

and about lowering, i had a new born in my old corsa b, when it was lowered and he was find
am4nf

7th Jun 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well yea but hardly
Stokie84

7th Jun 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im confused now, when i seen the first pictures i thought looks a tad like aurora purple but nah its polar sea blue, but now you have uploaded the picture of when you got it (looking very clean btw) im thinking its got to be aurora purple

btw dont tint the lights it looks jobby, buy mhw's

[Edited on 07-06-2009 by am4nf]

Yeah its defo some sort of purple, lol not blue like it states on the documents, ive been told by so many people so many different colours that it is, lol even i dont know what the proper colour is, lol all i know is its purple in the sun, on a cloudy day it looks blue and at night it looks black, lol
am4nf

7th Jun 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its aurora purple then
Stokie84

7th Jun 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stokie84
quote:

yeah pure bargain with 29k and full service history, i knew the mud gaurds would catch with the tyres i had put on them, but i had a budget to stick to off £150 for 4 new tyres, they cost me £152, if a went any smaller would have cost to much so they had to do!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newbie - My 1st Car 22 database queries in 0.0183461 seconds