corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » All of you in the know, please look in! Suggestions needed.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author All of you in the know, please look in! Suggestions needed.
Rich H

User status: Offline
9th Jun 09 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, as you may have noticed if you've ever looked at my site, my photo's aren't great

I think it's mainly down to the fact I'm using a 4.1 MP Fuji Happy Snappy Camera that's a few years old.

It's my B'Day next week and am expecting to get enough money to afford around £150 - £175 on a decentish camera.

I originally wanted one that was of SLR style and would look ok on a tripod, but am now thinking I should stop being a tart

So, £150 - £175 budget, needs to take good photos that don't really show any grain, able to be easy to use and have good lens, macro facility etc.

Suggestions please!

Cheers,

Rich
AndyKent

9th Jun 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay, Canon 400D with kit lens. Jobs a good-un.

The kit lens is crap to be honest but for £150 probably the best starter kit you could get.

If you still had a bit of cash left over get a 50mm prime lens for really, really good image quality
Rich H

9th Jun 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yes forgot to mention, want it to be brand new so I can get manufacturer warranty etc. Have bought a few things 2nd hand recently so don't want to jinx it all and have them all break on me!!

Cheers for the suggestion though!

Am happy for it to still be a happy snappy providing it takes good photos - all I'm pretty much going to be using it for is to build up my portfolio!
AndyKent

9th Jun 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all honesty you don't need the warranty. Canon reckon the shutters are all good for around 100,000 clicks and most will have only seen a fraction of that. Not sure I've even heard of a camera failing on someone. I honestly wouldn't even consider buying a brand new camera any more. My kit has cost me nearly £2k, mostly second hand as its much better value.

If you want a DSLR its far and away your best option......
Rich H

9th Jun 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only got my Fuji back around a month ago under warranty for a new lens unit to be fitted after the last one gave up the ghost

Hence why I want warranty
AndyKent

9th Jun 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DSLRs are much more reliable

Up to you mate obviously. If you want brand new, it'll have to be a point and shoot then, in which case I have no idea
Rich H

9th Jun 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a point and shoot will be more than adequate for me tbh. As much as a DSLR would be nice to have, I've borrowed my mates one and decided it would be too much for me tbh - I only used it in Auto as I know fook all about photography!!
AndyKent

9th Jun 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From memory (can't get on your portfolio at the moment) the shots you had on there were fine for web quality.

If thats all you want it for I guess a DSLR is a bit over the top......
AlunJ

10th Jun 09 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
I only used it in Auto as I know fook all about photography!!

lol mine stays in Auto the majority of the time, but I do find it a bit more interesting to stick it in manual now and again to see what I can acheive - but then again thats want I wanted out of an slr.
How about a bridge camera?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

11th Jun 09 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rich
what is your website??
Neo

11th Jun 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
rich
what is your website??

http://www.refineddetail.co.uk/
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

11th Jun 09 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks you neo
xa0s
Banned

11th Jun 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're on a budget that small it'd have to be the 350D/400D.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » All of you in the know, please look in! Suggestions needed. 23 database queries in 0.0098009 seconds