corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2ltr TDI Jetta 140bhp on the rolling road

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2ltr TDI Jetta 140bhp on the rolling road
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jun 09 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put my 2ltr TDI Jetta on the rolling road today, as standard its a 140bhp model, been doing alot of testing on maps and intakes etc on these recently, now we have a bigger turbo to put on it.

the car made the following:

201bhp and 365lbft torque, this is with standard turbo and intercooler pipercross VIS intake kit and a custom remap.

should see 250-260bhp with the new turbo and intercooler and 400lf ft torque.

Not bad for a 2ltr diesel!
Jon_C
Premium Member

13th Jun 09 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jetta???? Do you still have your Clio too?
davcohen

13th Jun 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60bhp that a fair power hike, must be fairly rapid
John

13th Jun 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they close to the 140 standard?
AlunJ

13th Jun 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f**k I want one!
broster
Premium Member

13th Jun 09 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

140bhp standard yes.

the jetta is my misses every day runner, clio my every day runner and the corsa is a money pit/play thing
broster
Premium Member

13th Jun 09 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davcohen
60bhp that a fair power hike, must be fairly rapid

its the torque that i love! awesome on the motorway
Warren G

13th Jun 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even a dirty derv gets 200bhp

best way to get my corsa to 200bhp is gonna be just get my astra 1.9 derv sporthatch and sod the corsa

any luck with rod prices Mr. B

[Edited on 13-06-2009 by Warren G]
AndyKent

13th Jun 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots over on uk-mkvis.net reckon the VW diesels mostly come with more power out the factory than quoted as standard anyway, but that is pretty impressive for just a remap!

Torque
Warren G

13th Jun 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think all common rail diesels make more power than quoted
davcohen

13th Jun 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by brosterits the torque that i love! awesome on the motorway

Totally understand that, had a Mk5 Golf 140 gt tdi as a rental whilst they sorted out my insurance and once you get over the fact 1st gear does nothing you just ride a huge wave of torque, loving the fact it comes in so early on your print out
corb

14th Jun 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're looking at getting an A4 later this year. Iwant the 3.0TDi but looking at that, I might just get the cheaper 2.0TDi and send it your way Broster!
Andrew

14th Jun 09 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really love these cars!
djgritt
Premium Member

14th Jun 09 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Lots over on uk-mkvis.net reckon the VW diesels mostly come with more power out the factory than quoted as standard anyway, but that is pretty impressive for just a remap!

Torque

Not a massive difference mind - I have an Octavia vRS 2.0 TDi PD
Skoda/VWAG Quote it to have 170PS (168bhp) and 350Nm (around 258lb/ft) as standard

Standard it got this - 173bhp 284lb/ft

With a Pipercross Panel Filter and a tank of BP ultimate, it got this (notice the lower Torque figure) - 177bhp 265lb/ft

(Also, i know the RR Centres are different, but as they both run Dyno Dynamics, i got the latest test to match the settings as close to the first as possible for a better idea)

Good on the Motorway, wouldn't mind whapping on a Bluefin for that bit more (due to the reversability of the mapping as its a Comp. Car i use for business and private), but its due for replacement shortly, so no point. Unless I get another this year...
Robin
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Good on the Motorway, wouldn't mind whapping on a Bluefin for that bit more (due to the reversability of the mapping as its a Comp. Car i use for business and private), but its due for replacement shortly, so no point. Unless I get another this year...

Out of interest, why would you need reversability?

Even if you're using it for both business and personal use, the car will give you better MPG, so there's no point in reverting to the standard map.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 07:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin, if you read what he says I think Comp. Car = Company car, which needs to be returned in its standard state at the end of the lease.

Good results on the Jetta!
Robin
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's still possible with a laptop though.
willay
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine whatever he does it will cost him money, so software+cable for laptop or bluefin. Would depend on what map offers the best results I guess?
broster
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bluefin would only give 318lbft of torque on the 170bhp tho

and cost £435....

willay
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the ease of it all which must attract people, otherwise you will need to cart it back to the mappers to get the standard map returned. I think alot of people switch the maps when they are returning their cars to the dealer for warranty work dont they?
broster
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah we do alot of flashing back to stock for people when they trade their cars back in.

the ease of the bluefin is a great selling point.
willay
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah if you guys are cheaper and dont mind doing flash backs AND have a better map its a no brain-er really.
broster
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flash backs....... sounds a bit MIB!

whitter45

15th Jun 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
i think all common rail diesels make more power than quoted

the 140 isnt common rail
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Jun 09 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

Out of interest, why would you need reversability?

Even if you're using it for both business and personal use, the car will give you better MPG, so there's no point in reverting to the standard map.

As Willay said - to give the car back on a standard Map as its on a long term lease setup

I live too far from any reputable mappers to be arsed with driving to/from to get live mapping etc done and reversed...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2ltr TDI Jetta 140bhp on the rolling road 22 database queries in 0.0143120 seconds