corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » x14-x16xe conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14-x16xe conversion
martin-vx89

User status: Offline
15th Jun 09 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, i have had my car for over 2 years now and i fort it was about time i did summet with it. to start off this is the car...

it's done a fair few miles now and the engine has an unlimited amount ov thigs wrong with it lol. here it is...

so as you do i decided to get hold of a x16xe and drop it in. heres the one i got...

iv decided to give it a basic rebuild e.g. strip down and clean everything up, head gasket, valve stem seals, cambelt, head skim etc..

Head removed...

[Edited on 31-07-2009 by martin-vx89]
steddy-eddie

16th Jun 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good so far, any plans for the exterior, when you hoping to have the x16xe in
martin-vx89

16th Jun 09 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, exterier plans are...
Gsi kit
depos
lowerd 60mm
low profile tyres
genral touch up on the body work

but trying to sort the performance out first. i have actualy done alot more to the engine now and its built up and nearly ready to go in but havnt managed to update all the pics yet

will try upload a few pics in a bit.
martin-vx89

16th Jun 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

valves etc. out of head ready to get skimmed...

managed to get hold of an engine stand and gave the block a quick spray in matt black...

also sprayd my 4-2-1 and rocker cover i high temp paint...

head skimmed and cleand up nice n spanky! ...

Grinding the valves in, what a boooorrriiinnng job that was

Block face and pistons all cleand up

Thats it for now, Will upload more soon
martin-vx89

30th Jun 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ppl the engine is all ready to goin now and i have everythng i need to put it in exept for my de-cat as mine is fubar'd but that shud arrive wednesday with a it of luck! then i can put the engine in his weekend whooo!
gaskellcorsa

7th Jul 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good pal
martin-vx89

22nd Jul 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hay havent posted for ages the reason for this is that i havent had time lately. its bin all bad news as for the engine chenge, i got the engine in couple days after my last post.

up and running sweet and everything, but it had a noise coming from the bottom pully for the aux belt so like a d**k head a took the pully off and started the engine up.....

BANG!!!! off comes the cambelt and bends 12 of the 16 valves!!!.

put new valves in, put it all back together started it up running fine again exept it was smoking its bo**ox off turns out iv cracked the head and valve guids! lol

any ways im just saving some money atm as iv got another head but im also gona replace rings, big ends and main bearings while the thing is striped down once again so i dont have any probs in the future and have to strip the bugger down again coz tbh im sick of doin it lol

we learn from our mistakes eh!

thats it for now, will post wen iv got some money together and start working on it again, thanks
martin-vx89

31st Jul 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have got everything i need now and have the engine stripped down, but just waiting on the big end bearings to arrive. had the head skimmed and de-coked im just about to go out and fit all the valve's ect. back in and re-hone the bores.
steddy-eddie

1st Aug 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not good about the cambelt mate, learn from mistakes though, should be a good runner once all rebuilt back up.
martin-vx89

3rd Aug 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know, it's mostly built back up now im just waiting on the rod bolts to arrive tomoz hopfully then i can finish it off and get it running again. i just hope i have no further problems.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » x14-x16xe conversion 23 database queries in 0.0119801 seconds