corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe.. what are these hoses/vacuum pipes, what do they do etc?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe.. what are these hoses/vacuum pipes, what do they do etc?
Stokie Dave

User status: Offline
15th Jun 09 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys. Last night a mate I saw was telling us about his engine swap from 1.4 to 1.6 16v in his sport. He mentioned some vacuum hose, he didn't know much about it but said it was causing him grief as it was all split. He looked at mine to see how the hoses etc were laid out and noticed the same one on mine was split... so I put a random spare one on, but I know nothing about these hoses/pipes, what they do, where they come and go from, so thought I'd ask on here!

I will add some pics and circle the problem areas

Any guidance on what they do would be much appreciated, nice to learn summat new! Will get some of these little 90 degree bend pipes as spares as age is catching up with my car now.

PICS:

gez bay

15th Jun 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are vacume pipes, the last picture is for the brake servo, couldnt tell you exactly what they do but i know you need them, and in the second pic the pic grey connector was unclipped on my car and the ecu light was on, plugged it in and the light went off
Stokie Dave

15th Jun 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ta for the reply mate Any more from anyone?
john_c20xe

15th Jun 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the last pic is just a one way valve for the brake servo, the others are vacuum hoses for the secondary air pump controller,
and the l peice of rubber hose should be attched to something if not then block it off, it will make your engine hunt sucking air in
Stokie Dave

15th Jun 09 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. I'll just make sure none have cracked pipes and forget about 'em
AlexW

16th Jun 09 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first one is the Fuel tank vent valve.

Stokie Dave

16th Jun 09 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite important then? I've had some nasty fuel smells lately.. wonder if it's due to that?

New Poll