corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » sick note and going out

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sick note and going out
Rob B

User status: Offline
29th Jun 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys basically iv been signed off work for a week due to my asthma and not being able to do my job as im on the phone mostly. Basically my mates coming back and there going for a drink i was wandering if someone saw me out would i get in trouble? And i mean just a drink at a quiet pub not town etc. Cheers
Sam
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.
Paul_J

29th Jun 09 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sackable offence.
sand-eel

29th Jun 09 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bastardised TBH
johnhara1

29th Jun 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not unless the see you on your mobile....... just go out.

Asthma doesn't make you house bound mate, besides you have a sick note. It's not like you're skiving off.
Liam B

29th Jun 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum sacked a girl who kept saying she had the shits on friday nights, then was going out clubbing. Her co-workers were seeing her out, and dobbing her in. She had a warning, then pulled the same stunt the next week
ssj_kakarot

29th Jun 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na you have a sick note, pretty sure they cant do out.
Matt L

29th Jun 09 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cause they can do something your supposedly off sick yet your well enough to go out with mates, they are hardly going to go 'ooo let him carry on he has a sick note'

they are still paying you (in a fashion its mainly the government that pays) but still they arent going to let it go by unmentioned.
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
cause they can do something your supposedly off sick yet your well enough to go out with mates, they are hardly going to go 'ooo let him carry on he has a sick note'

they are still paying you (in a fashion its mainly the government that pays) but still they arent going to let it go by unmentioned.
i understand what your saying, but im on the phones and its my throat and asthma that im off for and thats whats wrote on my sick note. Out having a drink im not really talking alot just going to say hello for maybe an hour, just worried if someone sees me while im there. My mates been away for ages so dont really want to let him down
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jun 09 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you've convinced yourself already Rob.

I personally wouldn't risk it. You're off work.
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your either off sick or your not.

if your out and about at a club or pub, dusty etc and all that, then you can do your job. you will get in trouble.

Liam B

29th Jun 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get him round yours for a few tinnys!
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but its not im ill or sick or dont feel well, its just i cant talk very well cause of my throat and my breathing. So i just dont see what they could do if im seen there just saying hello etc. The doctor signed me off due to the job i do
Ojc

29th Jun 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't do it.
BarnshaW

29th Jun 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it really worth the risk to just go out?
Tom G

29th Jun 09 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go out tbh....
There's a girl in my office who off with a broken foot but just gone abroad clubbing

Basically even if your feeling better you can't go back because you won't be covered for insurance reasons as a sick note has been issued.

So go out and say you feel better if anyone asks, You can't go back in anyway

This is from my understanding and working in the NHS... So might be different for you.

[Edited on 29-06-2009 by Tom G]
Eck
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
but its not im ill or sick or dont feel well, its just i cant talk very well cause of my throat and my breathing. So i just dont see what they could do if im seen there just saying hello etc. The doctor signed me off due to the job i do

But how many employers are going to believe you're well enough to go out on the town. And how many employers will believe you're in to say hello?
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Rob B

But how many employers are going to believe you're well enough to go out on the town. And how many employers will believe you're in to say hello?
but im going to a quiet pub to say hello, not going out clubing or anywhere lively. Thanks tom g, thats what iv heard elsewhere that i cant go back
DizzyRebel

29th Jun 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your still breathing then you are well enough to work is what my old boss used to say to me and tbh its true. I know if i employed somone and they were off sick but got seen out drinking id be pissed off with them!

But being ill does not deny you of a social life, im pretty sure if you got caught but explained yourself your boss wouldnt be too harsh.
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i understand what your saying but surely its down to your job? Like if i was just typing i could work. But im on the phone constantly. Like if your a builder and you break your arm you cant work. But you could do my job with a broken arm
MoesTavern

29th Jun 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a girl who phoned in sick (night shift), went out on the piss then wrote on her facebook the next day she's been out on the piss.
stupid cow.
fir3vip3r

29th Jun 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but if your in a pub surely your communicating with people, so are ok to talk?

unless you just sit there in silence
Tom G

29th Jun 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
I know a girl who phoned in sick (night shift), went out on the piss then wrote on her facebook the next day she's been out on the piss.
stupid cow.

Yeah but his sickness isn't self certified, he's got a sick note so should be fine
Colin

29th Jun 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got into trouble for this once.

I had been signed off work all week after getting the mumps (not pleasent!!) & went to the shops on the Saturday during the day. My boss seen me but didnt come over. When I phoned in on the Monday to tell him my line had been extended he went mad & said he'd seen me out & about.

I told him to stop being a nob & to phone my gp & ask her what sort of light activities she had advised me to do while on the mend.

Trip to the shops for a few hours was my 1st time out the house in over a week & had been her idea!!

He was a proper cock though ha, I asked him when I went back why the hell he didnt come over & say hi & i'd have explained about my shopping trip to him there & then instead of him sneeking around like an idiot!!

No answer!!
aim1

29th Jun 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A girl at my work was off work for six weeks with stress. She managed a ten day holiday to Magaluf in that time

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » sick note and going out 22 database queries in 0.1058891 seconds