corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Spanish giants scenario...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spanish giants scenario...
J da Silva

User status: Offline
10th Jul 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, with these line-ups...

Real Madrid-

-------------------------------------------Casillas-------------------------------------------
---Sergio Ramos----------Pepe-----------------------Albiol-----------------Marcelo---
---------------------------------------Lassana Diarra--------------------------------------
-----C.Ronaldo---------------------------------------------------------Van der Vaart---
-------------------------------------------Kaka----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------Benzema-------------Raul-------------------------------------

Subs: Codina (GK), Miguel Torres, Huntelaar, Sneijder, Metzelder, Salgado, Gago.

Barcelona-

------------------------------------------Valdes---------------------------------------------
---Dani Alves----------------Puyol---------------Marquez--------------------Abidal---
---------------------------------------Yaya Toure------------------------------------------
-------------------------Xavi-------------------------------Iniesta-------------------------
-------Messi-----------------------------Eto'o-------------------------------Henry-------

Subs: Pinto (GK), Sylvinho, Busquets, Bojan Krcic, Sedou Keita, Pique, Hleb.

Which team (change it around if you want), is the best to this day, many doubts hanging over the Madrid team as they've only really bought one defensive signing as to yet, whereas Barca have a more 'complete' team, the thing with Barcelona is if they miss one key player, they still play the same type of football, whoever comes in has the quality of the guy he is in place of.
strick206

10th Jul 09 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem i have with real madrid is i cannot see any of them front 5 being at all keen on doing anything in there own half

Barca much stronger imo
J da Silva

10th Jul 09 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Raul has been known to muck in, especially if he's playing in the hole. Pelligrini should have Gago and any of the Diarra's in midfield.
Cosmo

11th Jul 09 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'd see Barca have that much space int he final 3rd that they'll just over run that Madrid side.
J da Silva

11th Jul 09 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, and don't forget Marcelo is a typical Brazilian LB, he'll be in Barca's final third trying to swing a cross in, Barca clear it and counter attack at speed, especially with the quality they have.
Cosmo

11th Jul 09 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH it would be another example of the Barca vs United CL final.

United went to attack and Barca left spaces which they took advantage of and showed their class....and United have a much better defence than Real imo.

Where as Chavski defended and look how closer that game was.
p

11th Jul 09 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take Van Der Vaart out and put Robben in. Take Marcelo out and buy a new left back as he is tosh. Better even as a winger to be honest.
p

11th Jul 09 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Subs confuse me as well. Huntelaar will be sold, Metzelder will be sold, Salgado doesn't always even make the bench and as for Gago who knows what will happen. Many in Madrid do not rate him.
J da Silva

11th Jul 09 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
Subs confuse me as well. Huntelaar will be sold, Metzelder will be sold, Salgado doesn't always even make the bench and as for Gago who knows what will happen. Many in Madrid do not rate him.

You don't know for certain who's getting sold or not, Huntelaar won't bring that much in terms of a transfer fee, £20m tops if that, RVN may go though as I can't see him dislodging Higuain with the season he had.
Robben has been poor all season, maybe down to not settling well, but Salgado has been on the bench alot in 08/09, I've watched most of the Spanish season.

Gago is well thought of within the club itself, they've bent over backwards to ensure he is happy.
Cosmo

11th Jul 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RVN, Robbon, Huntelaar, Sneijder, etc. will all go Id expect.
J da Silva

11th Jul 09 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've tried to use Sneijder as a makeweight in the C.Ronaldo deal, he declined (Like Robinho did) so the intentions surrounding him are clear, however, they've given him a squad number and more or less told him he'd have to win his place back, I wouldn't be surprised if he has the best season he could possibly have next season, he'd be trying ultra hard.
Cosmo

11th Jul 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt mind him at Liverpool tbh, was their best player when we thrashed them last season imo.
Eck
Premium Member

11th Jul 09 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sneijder is a fantastic player who would suit Liverpool's play tbh! The only issue is, he is just the same on FM09 as he is in real life... He has a shoot on site policy
J da Silva

11th Jul 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't bring down a player who shoots at every good opportunity, the amount of long ranges goals he scores is unnbelievable, you can't score if you don't shoot.
Cosmo

11th Jul 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, I think every team needs a player like that to some degree...its just when that player is someone would couldnt hit a barn door that you have to worry.
Nath

11th Jul 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like Lampard.
Eck
Premium Member

11th Jul 09 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye they need it to some degree, but every single time? I admit I do like a good long range strike myself, and he does score a lot of fantastic goals. But sometimes there are far better options open to him!
Nath

11th Jul 09 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever me and my mates are playing, and someone shoots instead of passing they always come out with, 'Sorry, I saw my name on the back pages'
p

11th Jul 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
Originally posted by corsadee

You don't know for certain who's getting sold or not, Huntelaar won't bring that much in terms of a transfer fee, £20m tops if that, RVN may go though as I can't see him dislodging Higuain with the season he had.
Robben has been poor all season, maybe down to not settling well, but Salgado has been on the bench alot in 08/09, I've watched most of the Spanish season.

Gago is well thought of within the club itself, they've bent over backwards to ensure he is happy.

Robben had a poor season, where did you get that from ???

He was one of the best players with Higuain. As for Gago I am not sure on that at all.
J da Silva

11th Jul 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, he has, not saying it's his fault, I blame Juande Ramos.
Carl

11th Jul 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barca every time, 5 attacking players don't make a team.
Marc

12th Jul 09 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Real have the better attacking threat.
Robbo

12th Jul 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gago is utter class, I'd take him or Mahamadou Diarra when the sell off begins tbh!

Barca team is exactly the same as last season, reckon they wil lbother brinign anyone in? Maybe Villa or Ribery? Surely the fans will demand a token signing so they dont get overly eclipsed by real?

Sneijder and his shooting reminds me of Rosicky
p

12th Jul 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Gago is utter class, I'd take him or Mahamadou Diarra when the sell off begins tbh!

Barca team is exactly the same as last season, reckon they wil lbother brinign anyone in? Maybe Villa or Ribery? Surely the fans will demand a token signing so they dont get overly eclipsed by real?

Sneijder and his shooting reminds me of Rosicky

Yeah but Sneijder actually plays. As for Gago
J da Silva

12th Jul 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gago played 27 games last season and missed a few through a hamstring injury, Sneijder only played 23 in comparison, you might be better just leaving this one dee.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Spanish giants scenario... 23 database queries in 0.0164740 seconds