corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ibiza - Who is going/been this year?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ibiza - Who is going/been this year?
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
14th Jul 09 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm off there on Saturday for a week staying between San An town and San An Bay. Will be my 4th time there!

Whats new out there this year? What nights are the must do nights?

Lady GaGa is at Eden on Friday 24th so that might round the week off nicely!

P1CK4D

14th Jul 09 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4th time? Why not try somewhere new?
stubs

14th Jul 09 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to go this year absolutely loved it there last year
BYRON

14th Jul 09 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got back earlier last month. Was my first time and I will be going back at some point next year.
Ellis

14th Jul 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checked 'ibizaspotlight' to see who else is playing when you're there?
MarkM

14th Jul 09 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wendnesday night = Subliminal Sessions at Pacha. Best night on the island.
stubbsy05

14th Jul 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
4th time? Why not try somewhere new?

I do one lads holiday every year and its been Ibiza the last 2 years. Usually take another 2 holidays a year in differenmt places abroad.

Didn't like magaluf much, done playa las americas in Tenerife
stubbsy05

14th Jul 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Checked 'ibizaspotlight' to see who else is playing when you're there?

Yeah I have done. Groove Armada at Ibiza Rocks on Tues night. Never been to Ibiza Rocks but it sounds liek its over-rated?
Ellis

14th Jul 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been myself either, Groove Armada are amazing live though - not sure if it's a good venue for them though.
Whittie

14th Jul 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this week
Whittie

14th Jul 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy05
I'm off there on Saturday for a week staying between San An town and San An Bay. Will be my 4th time there!

Whats new out there this year? What nights are the must do nights?

Lady GaGa is at Eden on Friday 24th so that might round the week off nicely!

Mite see u there
stubs

14th Jul 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Never been myself either, Groove Armada are amazing live though - not sure if it's a good venue for them though.

+1... Groove Armada are absolutely 100% amazing!! I saw them live at the Wonderland closing party at Eden last year with Pete Tong, and again recently at Sanky's in Manchester. I get chills up my spine thinking about their live sets
I'm well in the mood for some messy clubbing now
Ben G

14th Jul 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went 3 years ago, can't remember much tbh, just remember being sick most of the time

the boat trip was good
Seegeemusic

14th Jul 09 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a few times hoping to go out there for a few months in August. Ibiza Rocks is very overrated, full of indie kids & people who don't really know much about the nightlife there, if thats your thing then you'll probs like it, not for me tho.

If you get time defo check out Cocoon at Amemisa insane night IMO. Also check out We love .. @ Space on Sunday nights, another awesome night. Also try & get to The Zoo Project at Ibiza's old zoo.
stuartmitchell

14th Jul 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missing out this year but been 4 times before. DC 10 supposed to be re-opening this year. Monday Circo Loco ace!

Bora Bora on Sunday before Space, Cream on Thursdays, Pure Pacha Friday, Hed kandi Saturday at El Div & Armin Van Buuren on Tuesdays!! Ace nights!

Mates staying in Rocks this year, looks radge but not really my thing.

As Craig says the Zoo Project is good! make sire you do a boat party too, more of a novelty than anything!

Stu
stubbsy05

15th Jul 09 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We havent bothered booking transfers from/to airport.

Is it best to do so now or just grab a taxi/bus when we get there>?
Xs

15th Jul 09 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how many of you are going and when your flight is? We got transfers as we pretty much leave to go to the airport straight from cream on the thursday night, so chances of anyone knowing what a taxi is are fairly slim, so we booked transfers so that the reps will just pop us on our bus lol
bigboykarl

15th Jul 09 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been 9 times now....never been to a club..lol would rather have my finger nails removed than pay 50 euros a ticket and 15 euros a vodka red bull
Carl

15th Jul 09 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It depends, Ibiza airport is only small so if you land at same time as a few other flights = fucked! Waiting for a taxi for ages. BEst idea is if you know anyone living out there who knows anyone taxi-ing and can sort you out.

I think i'm going mid September, wasn't going to go but can't resist. Really depends what music you are into, I'd go along with what Craig said but it wouldn't be everyone's biscuit. I'd check Groove armada out, they will be good and inoffensive. Look out for James Zabiela playing he wouldn't be too hard, plays the odd track that you would recongise etc.
As siad the boot parties will be more mainstream electro type stuff that you might like, but if you don't like techno or aren't getting off your rocker avoid places like cocoon, zoo project as you will struggle to get into it. If you are going to cream, go a bit later, about half 2-3 ish, a lot of scallies will have been and gone by then.

Also if you are going to a club that provides a free bus, be warned folk just ram on the buses and you can end up waiting hours, it's like being back at school, just make sure you get on! Disco bus from the bus station or last service bus is often the best shout.

WIll be my 6th time (I think!) one of those times was for 4 month. I love house music and it's the home of house. All the other holiday destinations i've been to are just rascal, don't get me wrong there are large parts of Ibiza that are toilet (west end, es paradis, eden 90% of the time) but once you know what the crack is it can't be beaten.

Also if you like curries, the curry club in San Antonio is immense. Pricey but worth it.
Xs

15th Jul 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not better just going to other places each year then? Magaluf, Falaraki etc rather than returning to ibiza 9 times in a row to visit the west end?!

And tickets are rarely 50 euros, and drinks have came down a little in price in the clubs.. but still expensive
MarkM

15th Jul 09 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To people critisizing others for going to the same place several years on the run - I have to say Ibiza has THE best nightlife of any holiday I have been on. Thats why people go back there so often.

You go on holiday for sun, sand and the nightlife. It has it all.
MarkM

15th Jul 09 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:

Also if you like curries, the curry club in San Antonio is immense. Pricey but worth it.

Definately agree. Amazing food!
bigboykarl

15th Jul 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
Not better just going to other places each year then? Magaluf, Falaraki etc rather than returning to ibiza 9 times in a row to visit the west end?!

And tickets are rarely 50 euros, and drinks have came down a little in price in the clubs.. but still expensive

i love ibiza so thats why i've been so often... only been round the west end once or twice ....nearly 40 so ain't interested in magaluf,falaraki,malia...although have been to crete twice....prefer to hire a villa ,hire a car ,visit restaurants and bars we've been visiting years...might even end up there in sept....
also try little india in san an bay for curries lovely food

[Edited on 15-07-2009 by bigboykarl]
MarkM

15th Jul 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigboykarl
quote:
Originally posted by Xs

i love ibiza so thats why i've been so often... only been round the west end once or twice ....nearly 40 so ain't interested in magaluf,falaraki,malia...although have been to crete twice....prefer to hire a villa ,hire a car ,visit restaurants and bars we've been visiting years...might even end up there in sept....

I have been to Ibiza 7 or so times and have drank 1 drink in the west end.

Next year if I go it will be a villa for me too...
bigboykarl

15th Jul 09 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
quote:
Originally posted by bigboykarl
quote:
Originally posted by Xs

I have been to Ibiza 7 or so times and have drank 1 drink in the west end.

Next year if I go it will be a villa for me too...

i always use james villas really reasonable prices in may and sept/oct ,if your going june ,july aug might be better booking flights early and booking villa late...i.e if you was going this sunday you can get 62% of alicia in san an bay

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ibiza - Who is going/been this year? 22 database queries in 0.0217741 seconds